Colorado/canyon Vibration

afebrile
09-26-2005, 02:32 PM
I have a 2005 Colorado regular cab LS Z85 4X4 with I5 and 5-speed manual. The dealer has replaced 6 tires, including one of four Goodyear Wrangler RT/S (the replacement authorized by service bulletin PIT3107E dated 5/5/2005) and one General original equipment. They can't remedy the vibration at road speeds, and I have filed for arbitration with the State Board. I would apprciate any information from those having similar vibration problems, especially if anyone has had their vibration resolved.

The vibration, according to GM, is only with trucks manufactured before 8/2/04. Mine was manufactured in '04, but I don't know the date.

aforts@verizon.net

GMMerlin
09-28-2005, 09:23 PM
Have you tried Michelin tires..usually these will solve vibration issues.

One big question is what kind of vibration do you have? When do you feel it, where do you feel it, how bad is it?

afebrile
12-11-2005, 11:06 PM
Have you tried Michelin tires..usually these will solve vibration issues.

One big question is what kind of vibration do you have? When do you feel it, where do you feel it, how bad is it?

The vibration is at highway speeds (60 MPH and up) but is not always present. There are moments (brief) when the truck rolls very nicely. GM has hired an attorney from Albany, NY to present their case. They concentrated on tires, and I never thought the vibration was from tires.

tom3
12-15-2005, 12:49 PM
Not too unusual for a tire problem to come and go. When you go around a curve the tires can sort of match up and cancel each other out for a while. But in this case it sounds like maybe a driveshaft problem, maybe not bent/imbalanced but out of phase to some extent. Anyway, it's not your problem, it's GM's. Hope you get satisfaction however it turns out. A new vehicle should run smoothly on a good road, no excuses.

mattriding
12-23-2005, 03:25 PM
I have a 2005 Colorado regular cab LS Z85 4X4 with I5 and 5-speed manual. The dealer has replaced 6 tires, including one of four Goodyear Wrangler RT/S (the replacement authorized by service bulletin PIT3107E dated 5/5/2005) and one General original equipment. They can't remedy the vibration at road speeds, and I have filed for arbitration with the State Board. I would apprciate any information from those having similar vibration problems, especially if anyone has had their vibration resolved.

The vibration, according to GM, is only with trucks manufactured before 8/2/04. Mine was manufactured in '04, but I don't know the date.

aforts@verizon.net

hey i have a colorado and it does the same things at high speeds and at low speeds around bumbs and corners i took it to the dealer and they said the same thing with the tires and all. I am pretty good with finding the problem and i think it is a bearing somwher or the leave springs.

Add your comment to this topic!