Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

hesitation 87 cabrio

brokenaxle
09-25-2005, 09:15 PM
87 cabrio 4cyl. auto. having problems with hesitation while accelerating
after leaving from a stop i press on the accelerator only to get no response until i press down further.....not a good feeling when trying to pull into traffic...had a problem with it sputtering when giving it gas (this was around first of the year). I replaced spark plugs/wires/dist. cap/ and rotor. only thing that went unreplaced was the fuel filter..this took care of 85% of the problem...any idea of the culprit?

richard.e.merrill
01-04-2006, 08:42 AM
87 cabrio 4cyl. auto. having problems with hesitation while accelerating
after leaving from a stop i press on the accelerator only to get no response until i press down further.....not a good feeling when trying to pull into traffic...had a problem with it sputtering when giving it gas (this was around first of the year). I replaced spark plugs/wires/dist. cap/ and rotor. only thing that went unreplaced was the fuel filter..this took care of 85% of the problem...any idea of the culprit?
When you have your airfilter changed or looked at, the people doing this may inadvertently leave disconected the vacume lines on the airfilter cover. I replaced the lines on mine and fixed most of the hesitation. I will try your solution of tune up. Hope this helps. you can reach me at richard.e.merrill@navy.mil

Add your comment to this topic!