Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

apexi s-afc

civicrunner07
09-25-2005, 08:58 PM
I recently bought an apexi s-afc conroller. at first i was goanna take my car, get it dynoed, have them install it, and tune with the apexi controller. but if all they need to tune with is the apexi controller then couldnt the guy who is installing my kit tune it just driving it on the street? It's super easy to insall so were goanna do that ourselves so even if i do get it dynoed it will save me some cash, but it would be alot easier (since the nearest dyno is like an hour away) and cheaper if we could just tune it ourselves. how does this controller work exctally, and would this be a fairly simple process?

03TRDTacoma
10-06-2005, 01:09 AM
no you can just tune it on the street. you need a wideband to be able to tell your a/f ratio. just add fuel and run it a tad on the rich side until you get to the dyno.

civickiller
10-06-2005, 08:55 AM
dynos usually have a wideband which is why you go there, if you have a wideband then you can tune on the street

Ace$nyper
10-06-2005, 09:24 AM
dynos usually have a wideband which is why you go there, if you have a wideband then you can tune on the street
yup.

Also sell that SAFC and get somthing worth while.

Add your comment to this topic!