Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1997 blazer rear speaker replacement

dss56
09-25-2005, 12:59 PM
Bought a 1997 chevy blazer for my daughter and the rear speakers do not work i checked them and they are blown. What is the size of the speakers and what is a good replacement. Or what other gm car can i get a pair out of from a salvage yard in my area.

thanks

Cailen
09-25-2005, 01:16 PM
Those rears are 5.25". I wouldn't go to a salvage to pick any up personally as you can get a pair fairly inexpensively, and your daughter would likely be much happier with the sound produced by a $40-$50 set.

BlazerLT
09-25-2005, 01:53 PM
Bought a 1997 chevy blazer for my daughter and the rear speakers do not work i checked them and they are blown. What is the size of the speakers and what is a good replacement. Or what other gm car can i get a pair out of from a salvage yard in my area.

thanks

Do you have a 4 door or a 2 door?

mike2004tct
09-25-2005, 03:30 PM
Those rears are 5.25". I wouldn't go to a salvage to pick any up personally as you can get a pair fairly inexpensively, and your daughter would likely be much happier with the sound produced by a $40-$50 set.

I don't agree. I have a '97 (2 door). The stock speakers are 6x9 in the rear. The size you're talking about are the door speakers.

Either way (2 or 4 door), take a look at www.crutchfield.com. They'll tell you what fits after you enter your info. Buy at/where your consience tells you.

dss56
09-25-2005, 05:19 PM
The blazer is a 4 door took one out and dont know just how to measure meaning do i measure from the plastic side to side or from the speaker inside side to side. and what might be a good replacement?

thanks for the replys

00BLZRMyWay
09-25-2005, 05:41 PM
In my year's rear door's, they are 6 1/2." I guess they changed in '98. But to answer your other question, I wouldn't go with some salvaged speakers. I payed $60 for a brand new pair of Pioneers, two years ago. They still sound awesome. These are also being pushed by an amp as well. (not required) Just to put in perspective how long and hard they've worked for me. Never blown a pair. I had some MB Quart speakers go out after 4 months and I payed $300 for them.

BlazerBoyLT98
09-25-2005, 06:28 PM
In my year's rear door's, they are 6 1/2." I guess they changed in '98. But to answer your other question, I wouldn't go with some salvaged speakers. I payed $60 for a brand new pair of Pioneers, two years ago. They still sound awesome. These are also being pushed by an amp as well. (not required) Just to put in perspective how long and hard they've worked for me. Never blown a pair. I had some MB Quart speakers go out after 4 months and I payed $300 for them.
I also have 6.5's. Polk audio all around that sound wicked pissa! I highly recomend polk audio especially when circuit ciy and best buy sell them buy one get one half off. Good luck

ps I went to www.crutchfield.com (http://www.crutchfield.com) and it says 6.5's fit your vehicle. Let us know!

BlazerLT
09-25-2005, 06:52 PM
It is a 6.5".

You cannot install aftermarket speaker in the place of factory and still use the factory deck.

The lower resistance aftermarket will eventually ruin the deck.

BlazerBoyLT98
09-25-2005, 06:55 PM
It is a 6.5".

You cannot install aftermarket speaker in the place of factory and still use the factory deck.

The lower resistance aftermarket will eventually ruin the deck.
I agree. 8ohm Factory right?

BlazerLT
09-25-2005, 07:13 PM
I agree. 8ohm Factory right?

I have seen 5ohm- 8 ohm depending on the year.

Aftermarket is 4 ohm and running a 4 ohm load on a circuit needing 8 ohm will burn the deck out quick and overload it.

BlazerBoyLT98
09-25-2005, 07:19 PM
I have seen 5ohm- 8 ohm depending on the year.

Aftermarket is 4 ohm and running a 4 ohm load on a circuit needing 8 ohm will burn the deck out quick and overload it.
Yes it will. Any vehicle I have owned I always tweaked the stereo. I love my music

dss56
09-25-2005, 07:47 PM
the one i took out says 9.5 ohms and the speaker # is 16158525. Can someone tell me what might be the price for the factory replacemet rear speakers from Chevy.

thanks

BlazerBoyLT98
09-25-2005, 07:52 PM
the one i took out says 9.5 ohms and the speaker # is 16158525. Can someone tell me what might be the price for the factory replacemet rear speakers from Chevy.

thanks
Some of the factory stuff might be more expensive then buying some cheap after market ones. You can pick up jensen speakers for like $25 a pair when ac delco will probably charge you $50 or $60. But do what you feel is right. I am sure someone on here, most likely BlazerLT will be able to tell you the price for the exact replacement the quickest.

TRACYCULBERSON
09-25-2005, 08:11 PM
I don't agree. I have a '97 (2 door). The stock speakers are 6x9 in the rear. The size you're talking about are the door speakers.

Either way (2 or 4 door), take a look at www.crutchfield.com. They'll tell you what fits after you enter your info. Buy at/where your consience tells you.
Yes i also have a 2000 blazer with 6x9 in the rear but not for sure about the 4 door. Dude you can buy a very good set of sony 170 watts
6x9 for under 70 bucks and they rock

BlazerLT
09-25-2005, 08:13 PM

thanks

I would just contact you dealer or hit up a local junkyard for a couple.

Save big money.

dss56
09-25-2005, 08:22 PM
If anyone knows of someone selling a pair of rear 1997 blazer speakers please email me i would like to stay with original speakers.

thanks

TRACYCULBERSON
09-25-2005, 08:33 PM
If anyond knows of someone selling a pair of rear 1997 blazer speakers please email me i would like to stay with original speakers.

thanks
Dude I sent you a private message, about the speakers let me know how that sounds some people get offensive about selling stuff on this site

BlazerLT
09-25-2005, 09:02 PM
yea, no selling or requesting parts here please.

00BLZRMyWay
09-26-2005, 02:23 AM
I also have 6.5's. Polk audio all around that sound wicked pissa! I highly recomend polk audio especially when circuit ciy and best buy sell them buy one get one half off. Good luck
ps I went to www.crutchfield.com (http://www.crutchfield.com) and it says 6.5's fit your vehicle. Let us know!

Crutchfield-Good
Polk Audio-Among the Goodest
Ciruit Shity-?
Best Buy-N/C
Can't say I'd ever let someone from Best Buy tell me what to put in my Truck. They can invade my home and fill it with a theater, but them's ain't never gonna get Muy money! RiiiiiiiiPofffffff!
just my :2cents:

Cailen
09-26-2005, 02:37 PM
If you want a couple really cheap aftermarket options I recommend Pioneer or Sony for your Head Unit (Sony because they're already cheap, Pioneer because they make good low end).

For $100 off ebay you can get a DEH-P3700MP, an mp3 deck that your daughter would likely be very happy with. Of course if you don't mind spending more you'll get a lot more (Pioneer makes fantastic HUs in the $200 range).

And as already stated you shouldn't have a problem picking up new quality aftermarket speakers for $50.

Edit: sorry just realized you said you were sticking with factory. Just my :2cents: I suppose.

rasmith527
09-26-2005, 05:49 PM
The blazer is a 4 door took one out and dont know just how to measure meaning do i measure from the plastic side to side or from the speaker inside side to side. and what might be a good replacement?

thanks for the replys

I replaced the rear door speakers in my 98'. The 6 1/2 did fit, however I did have to tap drill 2 add'l holes to secure the speaker. I replaced the factory speakers with 3-way Pioneers. I also upgraded the radio for a better quality sound.

rasmith527
09-26-2005, 05:53 PM
I replaced the rear door speakers in my 98'. The 6 1/2 did fit, however I did have to tap drill 2 add'l holes to secure the speaker. I replaced the factory speakers with 3-way Pioneers. I also upgraded the radio for a better quality sound.

I forgot to add, a fair price would be anywhere from $30-$50 a pair. I'm not sure what your budget is, but that's what I paid. I'm very happy with them.

Add your comment to this topic!