Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

'91 Pau - Extreme Hesitation

kammie
09-25-2005, 10:54 AM
I can not figure this out for the life of me. About every 3 months or so, my Ultra will start hesitating like it's running out of gas....if you let up on the foot feed, it'll come back to life (to an idling speed anyway). When depressing foot feed, it will go back to a stalling. If you keep driving it till it finally just dies, you can come back 10 minutes later and it'll at least run again and get you home. Next day, it acts like nothing's wrong again?? Through the last few episodes, we've done all the usual (changed fuel/air filters, plugs and wires, PCV, O2 sensor, tested fuel pressure and coil packs, changed ECM, added octane booster, HEAT, and injector cleaner)....and of course no codes ever come up either to point any direction. I even bought a $60 ounce bottle of stuff they said to put on all the wiring connectors to the computer/sensors/relays, as sometimes they get dirty and stop making proper connection. This didn't help either. I love ol' blue, but what can I do?

HotZ28
09-29-2005, 08:11 PM
How many miles do you have on the engine? It could be somthing as simple as a fuel pump relay.

Add your comment to this topic!