Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

tires

ixoxoli
09-24-2005, 07:26 PM
i want to change my tires, get ready for winter and stuff, plus mine are worn out. can anyone recommend some tires which are good in rain and snow.
Thanks

exploded99
09-25-2005, 01:52 AM
i want to change my tires, get ready for winter and stuff, plus mine are worn out. can anyone recommend some tires which are good in rain and snow.
Thanks

One of the on line tire places 1010tire or tires plus or somebody has a pretty big customer tire rating area. Yokohamas get good ratings - never owned em, but I would do a search and check it out - you can check most of the major brands.

People put comments in also - I stayed away from some Goodyears because a lot of people said they were sleds on ice.

ixoxoli
09-28-2005, 11:42 PM
One of the on line tire places 1010tire or tires plus or somebody has a pretty big customer tire rating area. Yokohamas get good ratings - never owned em, but I would do a search and check it out - you can check most of the major brands.

People put comments in also - I stayed away from some Goodyears because a lot of people said they were sleds on ice.

do you know what is the biggest size tires i can put on stock 15 inch rims

exploded99
09-29-2005, 12:10 AM
do you know what is the biggest size tires i can put on stock 15 inch rims

Depends on what gen you are driving. I have a 99, 31 x 10.5's and had to trim just a little off off the skirt in front of the tire for clearance when I turn.

Not sure about the first gens.

You might head over to explorerforums.com and ask the question over there. There are a bunch of guys that have done lifts, axles, etc - some are running 35's on big lifts.

ixoxoli
09-29-2005, 07:15 AM
Depends on what gen you are driving. I have a 99, 31 x 10.5's and had to trim just a little off off the skirt in front of the tire for clearance when I turn.

Not sure about the first gens.

You might head over to explorerforums.com and ask the question over there. There are a bunch of guys that have done lifts, axles, etc - some are running 35's on big lifts.

i got a 98 xlt, and what do you mean by 31 x 10.5's
i am not a tire expert, sorry

97explorersport
09-29-2005, 10:28 PM
i got a 98 xlt, and what do you mean by 31 x 10.5's
i am not a tire expert, sorry
31x10.5 means that the tire stands 31 inches high ans is 10.5 inches wide. Good size for a 15 inch tire. I had this size on my previous trux. It was a 90 Isuzu Amigo

Add your comment to this topic!