Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Nissan guy gone Acura (need serious help)

INEEDACAR
05-14-2002, 12:19 AM
Okay I have always been into Nissan and just reently got interested in a Integ. I have a shit load of questions, so plz bare with me as you give you expert advice ;)

i know i want an Integ., but my budget is only about $5,000-$6,000, So the only year i can probably afford is a 94-95, correct? I know i want a 94+ year...so here it goes:

1. LS,GS and GSR are the only US spec models, right? Whats the diference between these three?

2. Whats the differnece between those above and a Type-R? (only sold overseas, right? )

3. What are the major changes between the years 94-200*?

4. Whats is VTEC?

5. What cars does the B16 and B18 come stock in?

6. Are these 2 engines a drop in, or do they require heavy modifications to the engine bay and what not?

7. Does anyone have specs on these 2 engines?

8. Whats engine comes stock in the LS, GS, GSR, Type R?

9. Specs. on those engines too plz.:D

10. Anyone have any links to sites about te integra?

11. What year and model do you suggest for my budget (and NO budget?)

12. Who are the major aftermarket manufatures for perfomance parts for the integ.?

13. What year/model does everyone here own?

Well, thats all I can think o for now, ty for taking the time to help.

Thanks in advance
Darrell

petzride
05-14-2002, 02:32 AM
try this link...

http://www.team-integra.net

it should cover most of ur q's.....

:)

00GSR
05-14-2002, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by petzride
try this link...

http://www.team-integra.net

it should cover most of ur q's.....

Once you are there, you will need to register. Then click the articles link (on left hand side of screen once registered), followed by the information link on the following page. The categories on that page should get you started. Then, if you still have questions feel free to ask :cool:

Primera-TDLX
05-14-2002, 03:57 AM
Originally posted by INEEDACAR
Okay I have always been into Nissan and just reently got interested in a Integ. I have a shit load of questions, so plz bare with me as you give you expert advice ;)

i know i want an Integ., but my budget is only about $5,000-$6,000, So the only year i can probably afford is a 94-95, correct? I know i want a 94+ year...so here it goes:

1. LS,GS and GSR are the only US spec models, right? Whats the diference between these three?

2. Whats the differnece between those above and a Type-R? (only sold overseas, right? )

3. What are the major changes between the years 94-200*?

4. Whats is VTEC?

5. What cars does the B16 and B18 come stock in?

6. Are these 2 engines a drop in, or do they require heavy modifications to the engine bay and what not?

7. Does anyone have specs on these 2 engines?

8. Whats engine comes stock in the LS, GS, GSR, Type R?

9. Specs. on those engines too plz.:D

10. Anyone have any links to sites about te integra?

11. What year and model do you suggest for my budget (and NO budget?)

12. Who are the major aftermarket manufatures for perfomance parts for the integ.?

13. What year/model does everyone here own?

Well, thats all I can think o for now, ty for taking the time to help.

Thanks in advance
Darrell

:confused:

Yeah you need help, why are you going away from Nissan? Stupid thing todo if you ask me, don`t do it, you will regret.:devil:

SwiftyR
05-14-2002, 09:04 PM
hmmm.... in know Maybe because Nissans SUCK

INEEDACAR
05-14-2002, 11:02 PM
Oh I LOVE Nissan, we have two in the household, a 2000 Max GLE and a '97 Max SE...I have added a lil of my $$$ into the SE, but the max just doesnt have as much after market support as the integra, the only major and easily obtainable parts come from Stillen. But i will always love nissan, i actually wanted a 300zx but for a 16 yr old, i cant afford the insurance.

Thanks for the link guys

Nissan FOREVER:silly2:

Acura sometimes :p

SpecialK
05-15-2002, 02:59 AM
ok im gonna give it a shot.

1 and 9.LS,RS,GS are the same engine(b18b) just different exterior and interior options, painted side mouldings, leather, moonroof, etc. GSR more powerful engine(b18c1).

2.Type R is offered in states but fairly rare and has most powerful engine(b18c5) and better suspension.

3.94-97 are same, 98-00 front end changed a little, tailights, and i think valve covers for the b18b's, not that that matters. and a few other things.

4.good u spelled it right. VTEC is variable valve timing cant explain all the little details so im not gonna try.

5 and 7.b16's come in civic si's and del sol si's b18s come in integs but different ones b18b DOHC non-vtec, 142 hp, 120ft/lb torque. b18c DOHC VTEC, 180 hp, not sure on torque. b18c5 DOHC VTEC 192hp, not sure on torque.

6.any b-series will drop right into a teg but no need to unless its got hella miles.

11. personall im a fan of forced induction so i actually like the b18b,lower CR means more boost, and cause its what ive got, but the b18c's are great engines. on your budget i think an RS, LS, GS would be best but ive stumbled across a couple of GSR's for a ridiculously low price so if u can find one of those go with that. on no budget get a Type R.

12. AEM, DC sports, Greddy, Jackson Racing, Eibach, etc etc, who doesnt make parts for hondas?

13. I personaaly own a 95 LS.

these facts are off the top of my head and its 3 in the morning discard and incorrect facts or spelling. I was hella bored and now i sleep.

Add your comment to this topic!