Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

How can I beat my speeding ticket? Please Help!!!!!

jam91fb
09-23-2005, 12:38 PM
I was hoping someone could help me out. I got my first ever speeding ticket the other day. It was starting to rain so I set my Cruise control around 58 mph and fumble to put my glasses on. When I looked up I saw a trooper and saw I was running over 60mph. He pulled me over and gave me a ticket for 66mph in a 55mph zone. I was very polite and pulled over as soon as I saw him turn and put on his lights. It was on a country road and I was going down a hill when he clocked me. I asked him could he give me a warning ticket as I had never gotten one before and he said "NO". Anyways, someone told me if I went to driving school that they may reduce it or drop it. I just don't want my insurance to go up or have the ticket on my record. Someone else also told me I could get my speed ometer cable replaced and blame it on that, but I need to know what affect the "defective" cable would cause. Someone else also told me that if I put taller tires on my car and had it calibrated that it would throw off the calibration and make the speedometor say I was going slower than I actually was. Does anyone know anything about any of the scenario's????? I really need help!!!! Anyone with any suggestions please let me know. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Igovert500
09-24-2005, 11:20 AM
Yeah, you can try those, but generally every judge has heard that BS a billion times and wont show leniency. Your best bet is to read the other threads in here regarding speeding, as we all give the same advise in every thread.

check out www.beatmyspeedingticket.com If you want to try buying the book, that is up to you, I cannot vouch for the book, but the website does have alot of good advise.

Dress well and go to court. Generally you will meet with either the cop who pulled you over or a district attorney or an assistant of his. They will try and cut you a deal. They offer a lesser charge and try and get you to plead guilty to that. If they offer one with NO points, I recommend doing that. Going 11 over, in my state (PA) I would try and bargain to a 'disobeying a traffic control device' = 0 points and $105 fine. But in NY I know the same charge is 2 pts. Another option is some states count 1-5mph over as 0 pts. So check out your states point system and find out what you are willing to settle for.
Try bargaining with the guy who offers you the deal, try asking for a lesser lesser charge...worked for me.

Also some states have traffic schools, like online, that you can take and not get any points. Check out if this is offered in your state.
The alternative is some states have defensive driving courses that will take a few points off your license and insurance will drop 10% if you take them ($30 and 6 hours of your time).

So yeah, read the other speeding threads for more advise, and check what your state offers.

Also, (don't take offense to this if it doesn't apply) but if you are a minor you will look better if you have a parent accompany you.

ZL1power69
09-24-2005, 09:40 PM
i went to traffic school here in MD and violation did not drop, just got reduced points. i attended court and dressed well. i got 1 point but some stupid 16 year old girl was doing 75 in a 25 and got the ticket dropped. the traffic court judge was a bitch. all of them will be and they don't give a shit about ur own opinion and they assume the cop is always right. its all BS.

copcarcrzy
10-19-2005, 08:52 AM
DONT SPEED !!!! thats the best bet for beating a ticket

Chevy4life1985
10-20-2005, 09:46 AM
i went to traffic school here in MD and violation did not drop, just got reduced points. i attended court and dressed well. i got 1 point but some stupid 16 year old girl was doing 75 in a 25 and got the ticket dropped. the traffic court judge was a bitch. all of them will be and they don't give a shit about ur own opinion and they assume the cop is always right. its all BS.
I live in MA however when i got pulled over for a suspended license (bunch of shit happened to long of a story) the cop was cool. Let me just pull my car into a parking lot, instead of towing it (MA Law says its suppossed to be towed) and didnt arrest me (also an MA Law). Went to court told the judge the whole situation and had paperwork to back me up. He let me go saying "Well since you took care of it right away ill drop your case" My record was cleared of the speeding ticket and suspended license.

NINÅ
10-23-2005, 07:59 PM
DONT SPEED !!!! thats the best bet for beating a ticketCorrect the speed limits (especially on the highways) and we won't need to !!!!.§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§REFUSE . . TO . . LOSE§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

SleeperSaturn
10-23-2005, 08:23 PM
Here is how you can beat half of it: (works in wisconsin) go to court, accept the ticket. Pay the ticket with a check in the mail. Make the check out for 2 cents more the the ticket cost. They will send you a check back in the mail for 2 cents. If you dont cash this check the case stays open. After two years this case is dismissed. INSURANCE NEVER FINDS OUT.

Add your comment to this topic!