Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

Seatbelt Buckle Stop

BlenderWizard
09-21-2005, 07:37 PM
Alright, on the seatbelt, there is the little round "button" that keeps your buckle from sliding down too far when it is not in use. I broke mine; the seatbelt did not retract enough and I slammed the door on it. Is there a replacement for the button on its own? Does anyone have a part #?

BlenderWizard
09-21-2005, 10:22 PM
anyone?

misfitt006
09-22-2005, 09:36 AM
I know the "button" that you're talking about but I don't know about getting a new one. You should be able to rig something up rather easily to replace it without making it look to ghetto. Go to a craft store like Michael's or equivilent and talk to someone there about your problem. They may have something that you can put there to replace it. I know I know I can't believe I just reffered someone to Michael's for their truck issue :screwy: :banghead: :bricks1:

BlenderWizard
09-22-2005, 08:27 PM
Alright, I actually found the part # for these so-called "buckle stops" 12453515

misfitt006
09-22-2005, 08:30 PM
Alright, I actually found the part # for these so-called "buckle stops" 12453515

Impressive :cheers:

BlenderWizard
09-22-2005, 08:32 PM
Impressive :cheers:

Nah, not really. I emailed GM customer support, and they got back to me with the part #. It's actually cheaper for me to go to the dealer to get it than to order from gmpartsdirect on account of their astronomical shipping charges. They actually want more to ship it than the cost of the item itself.

misfitt006
09-22-2005, 08:38 PM
Nah, not really. I emailed GM customer support, and they got back to me with the part #. It's actually cheaper for me to go to the dealer to get it than to order from gmpartsdirect on account of their astronomical shipping charges. They actually want more to ship it than the cost of the item itself.

Yeah I think I'm going to run into that myself. I'm installing Ford keys in my truck and I'm trying to figure out where to get the parts. The dealer wants $30 each for them and I can get them at genuinefordparts online for $19 each but they don't show you the shipping charge until AFTER you place your order. What kind of crap is that?!?!?! :wtf:

BlenderWizard
09-23-2005, 11:13 AM
-UPDATE- I'm still under my 3/36,000 warranty, and i took it to the dealer last night. I think they're planning on replacing the whole seatbelt assembly under warranty because the "buckle stop" is nearly impossible to find in the computer. I know that they probably want the extra money from GM, tho. Oh well, i don't care as long as i don't have to pay for it.

BlenderWizard
10-08-2005, 12:32 AM
-UPDATE- I'm still under my 3/36,000 warranty, and i took it to the dealer last night. I think they're planning on replacing the whole seatbelt assembly under warranty because the "buckle stop" is nearly impossible to find in the computer. I know that they probably want the extra money from GM, tho. Oh well, i don't care as long as i don't have to pay for it.

Just another update - to fix my little problem, the dealer is replacing my entire seatbelt assembly under warranty. I guess, tho, the seat belt is not retracting properly, or it would not have gotten slammed in the door. They are supposed to get the part in at the first of the week

Add your comment to this topic!