Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Need input on a few quirks

Ramblin Fever
09-20-2005, 10:25 PM
on the newly acquired truck - 95.5 with 99K 3.2L V6 4x4 automatic

Muffler - underside is rusty and crumbling in a few spots, beginning, I believe to hear the famous sound of a muffler hole.

Can I put this off for a time without a problem - emissions was done 2 weeks ago, passed without a problem.

Temperature gauge - on the 97 3.2L V6 it stays just a tad to the cool side of square in the middle. On the 95.5, it's only a 1/4 toward the middle, hugs close to the "C", and never gets to the middle, even after running the air-conditioning.

Is this norm for that year?

Transmission shifter - on the floor it registers that it's in "D"; on the dash it registers everything but "D". Though it shifts through the gears, when driving, just fine.

Is this a shifter linkage issue, or a range mode sensor? Transmission is fine in all gears.

Limited Slip - was this offered on this year? And how can I tell if I have it?

ABS - how would I know if I have 4-wheel ABS or not?

php
09-30-2005, 12:01 PM
Verbatim from my Chilton's manual

"Rear axle ratio, differential type, manufacturer, and build date information are stamped on the right axle tube on the front side."

Don't know if it will help or not

php
09-30-2005, 12:15 PM
Again according to my manual

4x4's with rear wheel only ABS will have a speed sensor mounted on top of the differential.

4x4's with four wheel ABS will have speed sensors at each wheel

Canucklehead
09-30-2005, 12:31 PM
Limited Slip - was this offered on this year? And how can I tell if I have it?

Look on the driver's side of the firewall and you should see a sticker. At the bottom there will be a list of options codes. You should see G80 if it has LSD.

ABS - how would I know if I have 4-wheel ABS or not?

On the top of the instrument cluster, by the turn signal arrows, there will be an "ABS" idiot light for 4 Wheel ABS or one that says "RrABS" for Rear Wheel ABS.

Ramblin Fever
09-30-2005, 06:44 PM
Thanks guys, I appreciate the responses.

Unfortunately I only had the luxury of owning that 95.5 Rodeo for 2 days - dealership service rep accidently smashed it head on into a delivery truck.

Canucklehead
09-30-2005, 07:09 PM
Thanks guys, I appreciate the responses.

Unfortunately I only had the luxury of owning that 95.5 Rodeo for 2 days - dealership service rep accidently smashed it head on into a delivery truck.
After I posted I looked at the date of the original message... doh! :screwy:

Ramblin Fever
09-30-2005, 07:31 PM
No biggy.

It did have the LSD - it's too bad it got crunched, that was a nice rig.

Add your comment to this topic!