Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

For Sale: LT1 long block, complete or parts, dirt cheap

tigeraid
09-20-2005, 06:29 PM
Hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes, but I don't see a classifieds forum on AF... So I'll just post it in any Chevy forums that might have a use for it...

Because the machine shops here in London completely rape you on machining costs, I decided to find another LT1 that was already running, with good compression, for my swap. I found it, decent compression, doesn't seem to burn any oil, heads in great shape etc...

So the LT1 I originally bought is now for sale, the one I bought from a guy on impalassforum. For anyone who has access to reasonable machining costs, this is a great long block project. The short block has been hot tanked and magnafluxed, so it's clean and pretty and ready for machining. The block itself is largely fine, one piston was scuffed and therefore its bore was scuffed as well. I was told by the machine shop that honing would suffice in repairing it.

Because the engine is low mileage the block is otherwise in great shape, with no ring ridge at all. We suspect it was dirt getting in the oil, from how the bearings looked, that caused the problem. Mains were fine as well, the bearing wear is on the rod journals and inside the big end of the rods, which is where the machining is needed. The crank will need to be turned and the rods machined. At any RATIONAL machine shop this would be a couple hundred dollars in machining. One piston is scuffed, the others look fine, you can always find piston sets on ebay if that's a concern.

I'm asking $150 USD for the whole thing, + $68 USD for the cost of the hot tank and magnaflux. I bought the motor for $150, so basically I'm looking to break even here. I also have the stock cam still lying around, and will include that if you want it. This would be a great swap for a daily driven classic Chevelle, Camaro or G-body, and you can even convert it to carb fairly cheap if you want!

If you're looking for specific parts (heads, cam, bare block, crank, etc) then email me at tigeraid@rogers.com and we can work something out, though I'd prefer to sell the whole thing.

I'm located in London ON, about 2 hours west of Toronto, and about an hour and change from either Windsor or Sarnia at the Michigan border. If you're within a few hours drive I'd be happy to deliver the engine to you, or you can pick up, or we can arrange shipping as long as you deal with it. Thanks!

OverBoardProject
09-21-2005, 10:21 AM
Well since you tried looking for the sales forum, I can't gripe.

Here's the link to the sales
http://www.automotivehelper.com/cat1269/

tigeraid
09-21-2005, 12:05 PM
Ya, thanks, someone pointed it out earlier. I usually hang out exclusively in the modelling section here at AF, so I wasn't aware of the sale section. Thanks!

OverBoardProject
09-21-2005, 02:05 PM
there's a section where all the models hang out, point it out PLEASE! :evillol:

tigeraid
09-21-2005, 02:28 PM
lol... I'm not a *model*, a modeller... I don't think you wanna see me in revealing clothing :uhoh:

OverBoardProject
09-22-2005, 12:04 PM
lol

dmbrisket 51
09-22-2005, 12:53 PM
where do u live?

tigeraid
09-22-2005, 02:15 PM
As I mentioned in the post:

I'm located in London ON, about 2 hours west of Toronto, and about an hour and change from either Windsor or Sarnia at the Michigan border. If you're within a few hours drive I'd be happy to deliver the engine to you, or you can pick up, or we can arrange shipping as long as you deal with it. Thanks!

Add your comment to this topic!