Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 Buick Lasabre

Gordon McClain
09-20-2005, 05:24 PM
Having a problem with the pass side power window. ? is how do I get the door panel off to inspect. I can find no screws or clips when I pry the panel back.
Appreciate any help

gordon

stuzman
09-20-2005, 05:58 PM
Having a problem with the pass side power window. ? is how do I get the door panel off to inspect. I can find no screws or clips when I pry the panel back.
Appreciate any help

gordon

Look at the post beneath this one "Heated Seat Button" of how to get the panel off.

Gordon McClain
09-25-2005, 06:06 AM
Look at the post beneath this one "Heated Seat Button" of how to get the panel off.
Thanks for the info Stuzman. Have ordred the "sip clip tool". Will let you know how I do.

stuzman
09-25-2005, 09:45 AM
Thanks for the info Stuzman. Have ordred the "sip clip tool". Will let you know how I do.

Hope it goes well for you Gordon and do let us know how it goes. As for your power window problem, my guess is that the cable is broken on the window regulator.

leroymcmillin
09-29-2005, 06:28 PM
My 2000 LeSabre just did the same thing for the second time. The dealer wanted over $500. to fix it but I went to an auto glass shop and they did it for $450. They repair guy said they get a lot of LeSabre's with the same problem. He said the huge expense is because they have to buy the part from Buick. Now my dash has separated from it's mounting brackets and I learn that it is at least $700 to fix it. After five LeSabres I don't intend to purchase another one at any price.

HotZ28
09-29-2005, 07:55 PM
Some 2000 LeSabre's suffered from the Y2K scare we had back in that time. Some are good reliable cars. I have owned a few lemons from GM, however for some reason, I still buy them.

Gordon McClain
10-02-2005, 05:30 PM
Hope it goes well for you Gordon and do let us know how it goes. As for your power window problem, my guess is that the cable is broken on the window regulator.
I received the zip clip tool yesterday and have the door panel off. The tool is slick, did' break a clip. But you are right the cable is a twisted mess. Do I have to replace the entire motor assembly or can I just replace the regulator? In fact just looking at the assembly it appears to be all one piece. The motor is spot welded to the vertical steel guide and that is clamped onto the window via a metal channel at the top of the guide. Also where is the best place to get parts?
PS I did find a screw under the reflector on my Labsare LTD. Thanks for your help.

stuzman
10-03-2005, 07:06 AM
I received the zip clip tool yesterday and have the door panel off. The tool is slick, did' break a clip. But you are right the cable is a twisted mess. Do I have to replace the entire motor assembly or can I just replace the regulator? In fact just looking at the assembly it appears to be all one piece. The motor is spot welded to the vertical steel guide and that is clamped onto the window via a metal channel at the top of the guide. Also where is the best place to get parts?
PS I did find a screw under the reflector on my Labsare LTD. Thanks for your help.

Most of the ones that I've seen has the motor with the regulator. The best price that I've seen has been on Ebay. In any event, the highest price is from the dealer which runs around $300.

Add your comment to this topic!