2002 Yukon-want to add a powered subwoofer

ncgrizz
09-20-2005, 05:02 PM
Hi all. New member here....just bought a 2002 Yukon SLT last night. I like everything about it, EXCEPT for the crappy radio. just does not sound good to me (I think I have had too many cars with a BOSE system). Anyway, it is the standard cd/am/fm stereo, with a tape deck down lower on the console. I have a Bazooka powered sub that I am going to remove from my old Blazer, and I would like to put it in the back behind the 3rd row seat. My question is this...does anyone know if the stock stereo has a subwoofer output (like a RCA jack) in the back of the stereo? in all honesty, I thought I read on the specs for the vehicle that the vehicle (even without the BOSE stereo) is still supposed to have a subwoofer, and I noticed in the back on the driver side, the speaker looks a little different that the rest. Anyone got any suggestions? Thanks!

attackdog
11-01-2005, 11:27 PM
It does have a factory sub. It is in the back above the jack storage compartment. You can add your bazooka tube by getting a high/low level converter, wire it into the rear speaker wires(rt&lft) , then run the RCA's (output of the H/L Conv) to the bazooka tube amp along with the power, groun, and remote wires. Make sure the polarity is correct and that you run the RCA lines down the opposite side of the vehicle to avoid engine noise. I have a High/Low level converter for sale cheap. Here is the link.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5824396140&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

kevinmach1
11-03-2005, 11:19 AM
Is the factory sub in the back of an XL powered or not? Can you add an amp to it to get more bass out of it?
just wondering.....They seem pretty weak in stock form. Makes you wonder why GM even bothered.

YukonGMC
11-03-2005, 12:50 PM
In a 2001 Yukon XL, the sub amp is around the glove box for the Premium system ( non-Bose ). Sub ( 8" ) is in the far left rear housing trim. You can't miss the grille.

Add your comment to this topic!