Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Is it Turbo, Supercharger, or something else???

Chiquae07
09-20-2005, 02:22 PM
i was driving home from work one day and saw a normal civic, with the altezzas and fart can. i was bored and revved @ him and he wanted to go. after about 60MPH of being infront of him i heard him shift down and kinda like a sound like a boomerang sounds came from his hood and he pulled away. it happened every time he shifted. I dont think it was a turbo cuz i diddnt hear the BOV, but i did hear somethin spool up and im not sure what it was. It sounded like one of those little kid toys that you flip Up for the thing inside to go down and flip the whole toy over again to do the same sound. can anyone tell what it is? oviously i was killed but i have no idea what it is.

flip888
09-22-2005, 01:59 PM
lol i rember those toys, i use to have a realy big one that was realy loud. it was awesom.

I dont know what the sound was if it wasnt a BOV though.

Ridenour
09-22-2005, 02:48 PM
Maybe it was just his intake. A short-ram intake can be pretty loud sometimes, and the sucking of air can kind of sound like some knd of FI spooling.

SLoW SHO
09-22-2005, 07:12 PM
If I'm racing someone they'll swear I have some kinda FI b/c they hear my secondaries opening, much like the sound a VTEC motor makes. Thats probably what you heard.

Kamilpl3
09-22-2005, 08:19 PM
...Sooo.... You lost to a civic...? :uhoh:

Lol. Im kidding, and I have no idea what the sound could've been... maybe SLoW SHO is right... :dunno:

Mr. Luos
09-22-2005, 08:33 PM
Fake BOV?? :lol:

Chiquae07
09-22-2005, 09:45 PM
i have no idea, i wasn't even going, i revved, he reved back, i diddnt think he was going to go, i stopped throttle @ like 60mph bearly even messing with the throttle, i just hear a strange noice from his engine bay like the toy i said and he pulled away when i was slowing down just thinking he didd't want to go. i dont think it would be vtec because the car was a sedan. looked like a ex sedan. but idk, if i see him on the street again, (i prob will since he lives like 2 blocks from me it seems) ill just actually race him. no excuses here.

Chiquae07
09-22-2005, 09:47 PM
i dont think id lose to a civic with intake and exhaust tho, its a sentra wit a sr20de in it... :-\

Kamilpl3
09-22-2005, 09:56 PM
Well, race him again, listen to the sound, and if you still dont know what it is... Just simply ask him what it is...

And dont forget to write up how the race went down, we dont have many people posting stories anymore... :(

RedNeck always writes stories that are *long* and well build... Those are time consuming... Which RedNeck is obviously not aware of :D...

Chiquae07
09-22-2005, 10:08 PM
that i will, im not sure on where i might see him next, i gotta ask some peeps i kno that may have seen him. either way, i killed a accord the other day, ill do a write up on it. :)

Vtec95Civic
10-25-2005, 11:30 PM
Sedans can still have v-tec.

L8R_H8R
01-07-2006, 02:31 AM
if he got killed by a civic, i doubt it was the intake or a "fake blow off valve". Most likely turbo charged with a super sequential blow off valve, thats the closest that would sound like what you're talking bout. they're pretty damn quiete

beef_bourito
01-23-2006, 02:30 PM
a friend of mine has a tl with an intake and every time he revs it it sounds like a bov, but it's not when the throttle closes, it's when it opens. when he revs it goes like pffft rev

PoonMarm
01-27-2006, 07:27 AM
Im no expert but to me it sounds like its an intake like everyone's been saying, or a supercharger.
A SC might make a kind of a 'boomerang' sound when he shifts since superchargers RPMs fall when engine RPMs fall and it makes a weird noise in some cars.

Chiquae07
01-28-2006, 01:19 AM
good job, u last 3 posters brought back a thread from november....

travis712
02-05-2006, 12:08 PM
i have no idea, i wasn't even going, i revved, he reved back, i diddnt think he was going to go, i stopped throttle @ like 60mph bearly even messing with the throttle, i just hear a strange noice from his engine bay like the toy i said and he pulled away when i was slowing down just thinking he didd't want to go. i dont think it would be vtec because the car was a sedan. looked like a ex sedan. but idk, if i see him on the street again, (i prob will since he lives like 2 blocks from me it seems) ill just actually race him. no excuses here.

Er, he lives 2 blocks away, go ask him.

Add your comment to this topic!