Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Scale model garage

Tazzilla
05-13-2002, 01:05 AM
What size would a 1/24 scale model car garage be I have a bunch of tools from Revell models and a Toll box from a Nascar. I just need can not figure out how big the garage would be and the size of benches. If anyone knows of a link where I can find sizes let me know.

mikesramblur
05-13-2002, 08:07 AM
If your not real fussy about the scale, i used 1/2" = 1' for my stuff.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid19/p89688defbdf1941ab4cfc1e4cf91fbae/fdc55276.gif

If i remember right, i made the bench 1 1/2 high, = 3' +-

Tazzilla
05-13-2002, 11:19 PM
Thanks No I am not picky on size. I have had some of this stuff since 1990 when my uncle gave it to me. And just recently was going to clean my spare parts bin and toss some broken parts I have. i said why not build a garage I have at least one car with a wheel missing. i read that size some where once I think. I will try to build one when I can find the wood to make walls and a floor and a few benches. What did you use to make your garage wood or cardboard?

mikesramblur
05-14-2002, 07:53 AM
I used the Fugimi kit. It was kinda expensive for the small size. I'd say it's a single garage. I'll be putting thatt Evergreen Styrene stuff on for siding on the outside. Used model airplane wood for the table and shelf. The walls are painted with a drywall stain blocker used before painting, to get the look of drywall. It's probably easy enough to make up something but i just came across that kit and had to have it. I believe it's called compulsive buying. :D

modelfan1
05-14-2002, 05:23 PM
You could put a model on the table put some of your tools where they would be in the garage. Then measure around it,leaving walking room
and you have a floor measurement !
Foam core is a good choice and it's available at stationary or art stores.
If there is a company that deals in pastics like Lexan or Plexiglass near
you they will probably sell you some styrene sheet scraps 1 or 2 foot square,I got several pieces for a few bucks !
:bandit: Mike

Tazzilla
05-15-2002, 11:06 PM
Thanks that is a good idea I think we have some foam core around if not I have some wood. I was trying to decide a good way for the floor size and thought just measure it but then I thought no that wont work. I will try to build something on scrap paper first then put it on my final wood or foam core.

Add your comment to this topic!