Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

I just got jacked...

CivRacer95
09-18-2005, 05:04 PM
Oddly enough, I haven't even been in my car until 3:30pm today. I was actually on my way up to see Kris, he's back from Washington for the weekend. Going to a bbq with him and Steve (problemhatch). And it turns out, I was robbed. Lucky me. Huh, even in Happy Valley, nothing is safe, especially in the BYU area. Hmph. Funny I guess. And at the same time, it is pretty pathetic. But in a way, it's my fault for falling asleep and leaving my doors unlocked.

Well, what was stolen you ask? Good question. Good question. Pretty much: my radio, amplifier,subs, tools, radar detector, and a few other miscellaneous items. I'd say roughly $900-$1000 worth of stuff. I find it kind of amusing that I'm really not that pissed. I don't know why. Maybe it will hit me later. I'm not even going to call the cops. Honestly, what good will it do me? I doubt they'll find anything, or even get an idea of who stole it. There's too many people in this area to even get a clue. But, I planned on selling the stuff, so I guess I'm missing out on an extra $900-$1000 in my pocket.

Huh...it's just not my weekend. This probably should go in the stress relief section, but I'm really not even stressed. Just disappointed in the people who would stoop that low to steal another person's belongings. Anyway, I'm going soak sit in the shower for a few minutes and cry or something :grinno:. That's my story for the week I guess. Seeing that I don't really race or anything now. Bleh...I need to eat.

Amish_kid
09-18-2005, 05:27 PM
shitty deal, with the amount of stuff they stole sounds like they would've had to make 2 trips lol.

clawhammer
09-18-2005, 06:13 PM
They might be able to get like a fingerprint or something.

CivRacer95
09-18-2005, 06:17 PM
:lol: Funny thing. I park on our lawn, and every now and then, the neighbor boys like to come over and do our lawn. They put the sprinklers up, washed my car (such good kids), and so there's nothing that can be detected on the outside of my car. As far as the interior goes, it didn't really look like there was anything I could use to help catch them. Like I said, it really isn't worth calling the cops.

I'm sure they made two trips, then again they could have had a few guys doing the looting. But, like I said, i don't care. I was getting tired of the stuff, plus I needed to get rid of it before I move back to ol' Canada. So, I guess they kinda did me a favor, which is odd. I don't know, I feel really weird about not being pissed. It's just awkward all together. Normally I would have been out on the rampage or something, but it just doesn't strike me to do so. So, I'm just sharing the story with everyone of my friends and family currently. Meh...

-The Stig-
09-18-2005, 06:23 PM
Damn... that sucks.

You need to get yourself one of them Trunk Monkeys.

CivRacer95
09-18-2005, 06:25 PM
Yeah, those niggaz are tyte. Could have saved me about $1000.

SiGNAL748
09-18-2005, 06:46 PM
This is what you get for arguing with the retarded kids. :icon16:

CivRacer95
09-18-2005, 07:07 PM
It was probably retarded kids who did it. :)

chevytrucks92
09-18-2005, 07:30 PM
well that sucks man. I had a set of park light covers stole once, and I was pretty pissed over it, but like you, I didn't bother with calling the police or anything. Because really, what good could it have done?

Anyways, tough break.

Kamilpl3
09-18-2005, 09:36 PM
Damn, that sucks... I'm sorry to hear that.

So wait, they looted you in front of your house, and than kids from your neighborhood washed your car and any potential leads with it? :lol:

That's crazy

CivRacer95
09-18-2005, 10:32 PM
Yeah, it was just my lucky weekend wasn't it? I think I'll have to take a stroll over to the neighbors house later this evening. Knock some heads around, ask some questions, do the whole P.I. thing, only more violently, and without the cool badge and gun. Call me Civ, detective Civ. :lol:

:grinno:

Ace$nyper
09-18-2005, 10:41 PM
dude that blows! I'm so sorry to hear about that.
Fuck Theives !!!
Honestly just for that 1in 1000 shot somthing happens call the cops

-Jayson-
09-18-2005, 11:05 PM
1,000 dollars worth of property might equivelant to Grand theft Robery, a felony. Also you need a police report to collect your insurance money.

TatII
09-18-2005, 11:54 PM
well look on the bright side, atleast your car will be faster with about 100 lbs removed.

SiGNAL748
09-19-2005, 12:22 AM
well look on the bright side, atleast your car will be faster with about 100 lbs removed.

Asshole :grinno:

2000LS1Z28
09-19-2005, 01:10 AM
Wow, that sucks man. I really think that you should file a police report personally. You never know, they might catch the perpetrators. I once had a wallet stolen from a gym room locker, and later on they found it on some dude. Should've filed a police report, but I didn't. I believe he was busted later on a lesser charge. Anyways, file a report.

CivRacer95
09-19-2005, 09:26 AM
Tat...:lol: Weight reduction.

Meh...I probably will file a report later today after work. Last night I even tried to get myself worked up over the matter, but it didn't do anything. I still didn't seem to care at all about it. Yeah, it does suck, cause I miss my sound system. But that's really it. Radar detector, that was just there causing me to speed a bit more than average. I need to start slowing down anyway. And my tools, wasn't much, just a few rusty little sockets and wrenches.

We'll see how I feel later today. I think I would rather have had them steal my car and crash it, then steal what was in the car. I woulda prefered to collect on insurance then :). But, my hunk a metal is still there on my lawn.

Add your comment to this topic!