Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Haha Robby Gordon is the man

street_racer_00
09-18-2005, 02:49 PM
...Even though his aim isn't as good as it should have been, I respect guys who aren't afraid to bite their tongue and just take it when they get wrecked...go Robby!

Tougeman
09-18-2005, 05:43 PM
what happened?

09-18-2005, 09:10 PM
what happened?

Robby Gordon informed everyone watching the race that Micael waltrip is a "peice of shit".

street_racer_00
09-19-2005, 12:06 AM
Haha...although I must admit, it was close to being "incidental contact...the fuckin yellow flag was out for christ's sake.

theFREAKnasty82
09-19-2005, 12:56 AM
Robby Gordon is a waist of God-given talent & air. Why do you think the guy hasn't had a ride since RCR let him go after 2003? He only has 2 career victories. And once again, he causes another wreck in the first race of the chase, just like he did last year. If anyone's a POS, it's him. He needs to quit racing in NASCAR, b/c it's not his game. He sucks on ovals, great on road courses, but on ovals and people skills, he sucks. I guarantee you, he won't be driving again the rest of the year, and I hope he doesn't.

street_racer_00
09-19-2005, 01:25 AM
Robby Gordon is a waist of God-given talent & air. Why do you think the guy hasn't had a ride since RCR let him go after 2003? He only has 2 career victories. And once again, he causes another wreck in the first race of the chase, just like he did last year. If anyone's a POS, it's him. He needs to quit racing in NASCAR, b/c it's not his game. He sucks on ovals, great on road courses, but on ovals and people skills, he sucks. I guarantee you, he won't be driving again the rest of the year, and I hope he doesn't.
I'm gonna place a bet on the fact that you live east of the mississippi...because that's what most people from around those parts think of Robby...I'm a California boy and I can't get enough of the dude...there are only a handful of guys out there that have won an Indy car race, the baja 1000, and a race in NASCAR's premier series...you can't ignore that fact...and he's a pretty nice guy if you don't wreck him or give him shitty equipment...I would agree with you that NASCAR is not his game, I would love to see him back in open wheel, but lets face it: that's not where the money is...why do you think Tony Stewart started racing in NASCAR? It sure as hell wasn't because he liked it better.

CDJr
09-19-2005, 02:57 AM
....but on ovals and people skills, he sucks.
Thats an understatement, his people skills are severely lacking. :screwy:

And as far as his talent goes, yes, he has talent, hes just too STUPID to realize that the damn racing world doesnt revolve around him and that the reason he gets no respect is because he hasnt earned it and he certainly shows noone else any...that was displayed today (and MANY times in the past).

I DO agree with you on one thing though, street_racer, Id like to see him back in open-wheel racing too, and I assure you that every other NASCAR driver would too! :biggrin:

Poor lil Robbie, hes never caused a single wreck, but everyone just blames them all on him. MOMMY???????!!!!!!!.....theyre pickin on me again.......

street_racer_00
09-19-2005, 03:57 AM
I'm pretty sure that if the IRL put up the kind of purses that Nextel Cup did, he'd be over there faster than you can say "Michael Waltrip is a piece of shit".
Edit: I don't think people skills are part of the issue at hand here...just look at Tony Stewart and Kevin Harvick's "people skills".

theFREAKnasty82
09-19-2005, 10:04 PM
I'm gonna place a bet on the fact that you live east of the mississippi...because that's what most people from around those parts think of Robby...I'm a California boy and I can't get enough of the dude...there are only a handful of guys out there that have won an Indy car race, the baja 1000, and a race in NASCAR's premier series...you can't ignore that fact...and he's a pretty nice guy if you don't wreck him or give him shitty equipment...I would agree with you that NASCAR is not his game, I would love to see him back in open wheel, but lets face it: that's not where the money is...why do you think Tony Stewart started racing in NASCAR? It sure as hell wasn't because he liked it better.

you are correct, I am from east of the Mississippi, Florida to be exact. Nonetheless, he shouldn't race in NASCAR (including Cup, Busch, Craftsman Truck, or any of the other off-shoots of NASCAR) he should stick to either open wheel or sports car racing. He may be talented and a great guy (though I highly doubt), but he's proven in over 13 years of trying to race in NASCAR that he SUCKS!!! Guys like him piss me off and make me want to hurt him. Glad I wasn't Michael Waltrip because I would've done what Jimmy Spencer did to Kurt Busch a couple of years ago; punched him in the mouth.

street_racer_00
09-20-2005, 01:18 AM
I wouldn't say he flat-out sucks, he has, after all, won a couple of races in NASCAR's premier division, and I think that says a lot. I don't think he is having the kind of success he wanted though, and that's leading to a bunch of frustration on his part...I'd also like to point out two other things. #1 You said a couple of posts back that Robby Gordon has no people skills...I was talking to a member of the 01 team at Infineon and he says when it comes to bringing sponsors to the table, Robby can do it EVERY TIME...that right there takes a pretty fair amount of people skills, wouldn't you say? and #2: Have you forgotton Charlotte in 1994? Mikey Punched Dick Trickle right through the window net...TWICE! It has always been one of the memorable images associate with driver agression, right up there with the Allisons and Cale Yarborough in the 1979 Daytona 500...I guess Mikey thinks he's too old for that stuff now.

theFREAKnasty82
09-20-2005, 05:43 AM
but did he (Mikey) sit on the race track and wait for Dick to come around and wreck him? Or did he stand on the track waiting to be hit trying to throw his helmet at him? Mikey may have thrown his helmet, but most times when guys do that, they're on the apron of the track, not on the middle of it. Robby may be able to bring sponsors to the table, but he's not respected by his peers on the circuit. Off-track skills, he may have; on-track, no way. Robby almost took out Tony Stewart when he wanted to get back at him at first. Now imagine what would've happen if he did that, he would've awakened a sleeping giant. We all know that Smoke has a "bad boy" image and a bad temper. Now you would have a 3-headed beast right there. I missed Inside Nextel Cup on Speed last night, did Mikey say anything about the wreck?

street_racer_00
09-20-2005, 03:41 PM
Don't get the speed channel down here unfortunately, I am left out of the loop.

Add your comment to this topic!