Top Gear compares Pagani Zonda C12S and Lamborghini Diablo

Chris
07-27-2001, 10:41 PM
...And the Pagani won!!
I will post more details later, but it one!!

PS, congratulations Adam on partnering with AU and becoming a moderator.

Adam
07-29-2001, 10:39 PM
Thanx. BTW, give me your email address that you want so I can give you credit for the Dictionary (it's done). Or I could give you a redirecting PaganiZonda.com email address or a supercarstats.com one.

I saw that article. Looked at the awfull quality pictures. I was dissapointed though. I finally saw the Zonda in another magazine besides R&T and C&D, and the pictures were terrible. I didn't read the article though, (I now wish I did))

Chris
08-02-2001, 09:54 AM
my email is: carnut16@hotmail.com

a paganizonda.com address would be cool, how about just plain carnut@paganizonda.com

Adam
08-03-2001, 01:37 PM
The thing about a PaganiZonda email address is that it only redirects. By this I mean that people can send you stuff to paganizonda.com, but it redirects to your other email address. So if i send you something to carnut@paganizonda.com, you'll get it @ hotmail.

Adam

Chris
08-04-2001, 08:42 PM
sounds good:)

Top gear liked the Pagani because it was a little bit faster (in their tests, others I've seen put the lambo on top), but they felt it handled better. They also liked the styling, especially inside, it was unique, nice when you for out 340000 british pounds (about $500000 american)
I will post quotes and such later.

Adam
08-07-2001, 01:59 AM
done! send a message to carnut@paganizonda.com and it will redirect to carnut16@hotmail.com.

Chris
08-27-2001, 09:12 PM
Great.

Now how do I get to the list of definitions.

Adam
09-13-2001, 07:17 PM
huh?

Chris
09-14-2001, 11:06 AM
The list of definitions that I wrote out, and you editied. Where can I see them??

Lamborghini
09-16-2001, 04:09 AM
Wow, I'm surpised. Zonda is a cool car but I thought the Lamborghini would have won. I thought the Pagani only does about 180 mph. You say it's a little faster, how much faster? Was it all stock??

Yeah, I wanna see the details on the race once you have time.

Chris
09-16-2001, 08:07 AM
Ill get them sometime soon, this week.
The Pagani is limited to 155mph, but you can now have the limiter removed. They estimated that the Pagani Zonda would go 200mph+.
Everything was stock.

Adam
09-19-2001, 11:19 PM
Yes you can have the limiter removed. Yank it OUT!!!

No, I have no idea about that sorta thing. I just now it goes 200 + mph.

THis car has great stats, and not only that, it is supposed to be a joy to drive.

redvalkrie
09-20-2001, 09:42 AM
Wow thats a sweet ride no matter waht angle you look at it from!

Great styling great looks and some cohones to match, wow I'll be back I got to go to the bathroom j/k.

Awsome job I am about to jump into your site & take a peek!:D

JB car pages
10-17-2001, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Chris
Ill get them sometime soon, this week.
The Pagani is limited to 155mph, but you can now have the limiter removed. They estimated that the Pagani Zonda would go 200mph+.
Everything was stock.

Nothing like that...the Zonda is a supercar, and although it uses the Mercedes V12 for the standard C12 version, there is NO speed limiter!
Seems kind of paradox anyway, to put a speed limiter in a supercar.

And yes, it does go quite fast, with about 330 kph (that's over 200mph) estimated for the C12S.

But the Zonda did not win against the Diablo, because it was the fastest, but because it was the better handling one. The Zonda not only shines with superb acceleration, it also has a ride that is yet unprecedented in this class, but still handles like a race car.

It is also much lighter than a Diable (about 600 pound) with aids its handling abilities...

Chris
10-17-2001, 12:15 PM
yah, Pagani knew the customers would have an average age of about 50, so he made the car really liveable. Kinda nice to go crazy-fast but keep your kidneys intact!

About the speed limiter: It is VERY possible that no cars were delivered with the limiter, that they had them all removed. But otherwise, they would be limited.

JB car pages
10-17-2001, 01:42 PM
I don't know who started this thing with the limiter, probably it is because the Mercedes' using the V12 engine are limited to 155mph, but none of the Zondas is limited to 155mph.

The C12 tops out at about 185mhp and, as I said, the C12S at over 200.
But there is definitely no limiter...will never be...has never been!!!

The limiter is a thing unique to mass-production cars. All big companies said their cars would be limited to a max-speed of 155mph. This does not concern the engine, though. The limiter-chip has to be different for each car, because of varying gearing.

Chris
10-17-2001, 01:58 PM
I am not sure how the limiter works, exactly. It can be in the engine control unit, or part of the gearbox. Either way, it takes some work to get the pesky thing out!

JB car pages
10-17-2001, 02:39 PM
As far as I know, there is a limiter chip in any car that has engine management, just as there is a chip for cruise contriol in EVERY engine on the market! The question is just if you use it. And that is exactly the case with the limiter.

If you order your car from AMG, you can order it without the chip. So it should be no problem for Pagani to order his engines without the limiter!

And that is exactly what he does, because there is nolimiter on Zondas!!!

Chris
10-18-2001, 11:38 AM
Happy world:)

Adam
10-19-2001, 11:09 PM
i don't care if there's a limiter or not, i'd just rip it out ;)

mishu
05-03-2004, 03:54 PM
Hi,

I just saw the Top Gear show on the Zonda vs. Lamborghini Murcielago (a way overdue rerun, huh? :) ). Anyway, I really liked the songs played during the car tests, and would like to know if anyone knows the titles for them? I'm reffering to the one at the start of the Zonda review (the F15 comparison) and the one which plays when the Lambo enters the scene.
I'd really appreciate it.

mishu

lynx_effect
05-04-2004, 10:28 AM
Anyway, I really liked the songs played during the car tests, and would like to know if anyone knows the titles for them? I'm reffering to the one at the start of the Zonda review (the F15 comparison)

mishu

Thats a good video. Can only seem to find a few other decent Zonda videos. It dosen't get half the attention of similar supercars. Shame really.

I can help with the first one. Its 'Roger Sanchez - Another chance'

jcsaleen
05-19-2004, 07:54 PM
Jw but the pangani is limited to 155 does it have a merc electronic governor. like all the other cause the pangani has a merc engine and most merc are electronically limited to 155.

jcsaleen
05-19-2004, 07:57 PM
oh yea sweet drawings redvalkrie (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/member.php?u=2011) whered u get those I can never find them except the skyline 1. Also so sweet bike cbr my friend wants 1 in that color too. it is fastttttttt...

Add your comment to this topic!