chicago area SWAP help.

bubbz
05-12-2002, 02:08 AM
im trying to find a b18a engine/auto tranny in the chicagoland area and a good shop to swap it for me. ive been looking around for a long time but have not yet found the engine nor any outstanding shops to swap it. thanks if u can help me.

imp0rted1
05-18-2002, 10:46 AM
isnt there a shop next door to "speed sport"? i know speed sport isnt there anymore, but i think its called evolution..........i would also try APG.?? they could probably install it too... if its too steep for you my crew can do the swap for a decent price .. email me if you need the hook up imp0rted1@hotmail.com

mellowboy
05-18-2002, 10:05 PM
Well i would go to Garage Kwai but i don't know how much they'll do an auto ls for? I know its gonna be alot cheaper than 3300 which is the price for a b16 engine with installation included. Don't go to apg they are OVER PRICED. I'm not sure about evolution....

00accord44
05-26-2002, 06:57 PM
I heard Evolution is decent in price, but a friend of mine was mad after they messed up histurbo installation. I forget what exactly he said was wrong with it. I think it was something with the new turbo exhaust manifold.

other than that, ive never heard bad things about them. Driver's Image has a really good reputation, but they are expensive.

mellowboy
05-28-2002, 11:44 AM
I think he should just find someone that does it as a side job.I know somebody that they're really good with it. Let me know.

92'Sleeper
05-28-2002, 01:41 PM
Like mellowboy said I would probably go with Kwai out of all the other shops, unless you want someone who does it on the side. One of my good friends also does swaps, in the last month or so he did 2 b16's and is about to finish his second ZC...in other words he is pretty good.
Mellowboy.....is your name Sammy? Mellowboy sounds familiar.

mellowboy
05-28-2002, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by 92'Sleeper
Like mellowboy said I would probably go with Kwai out of all the other shops, unless you want someone who does it on the side. One of my good friends also does swaps, in the last month or so he did 2 b16's and is about to finish his second ZC...in other words he is pretty good.
Mellowboy.....is your name Sammy? Mellowboy sounds familiar.

Yes my name is Sammy. Who are you?

92'Sleeper
05-29-2002, 09:01 AM
Oh come on Sammy.....look at my signature. :silly: It is me......Luis

mellowboy
05-29-2002, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by 92'Sleeper
Oh come on Sammy.....look at my signature. :silly: It is me......Luis

Oh shit bro sup man? :) So how u like this site so far?

92'Sleeper
05-29-2002, 01:40 PM
Dunno bro'.....no offense to anyone, but this site doesnt seem to give a lot of info....maybe I just have to give it some time...is there any pics. of any nice 92-95 hatchies?

mellowboy
05-29-2002, 02:10 PM
Actually bro this section is not as active as the 88-91 civic/crx forum and 92-95 civic section. u should try there.

Add your comment to this topic!