Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

300zx 84 ae turbo "on the road again"

stephenp
09-15-2005, 11:42 AM
Well i put the 84 turbo 50th ae back on the road last friday. After about a month long engine rebuild and another month of body, exhaust, interior spicing, and other imperfection eliminations i couldnt wait anymore to drive it again. So i swapped plates and insurance and was off. The engine swap wasnt quite as simple as a pull and drop in, i had to swap everything from the old motor to this one (being it a motor out of a fwd car there was a bit to do other than just stuff to make it turbo, i started with the stripping of both and bolting everything off of the old one to the new one . i also put in new rod bearings being that mine failed in the old turbo ansd that this motor had approx 170,000 on it
but any way its a stock na and all the turbo parts off the old one so it was sorta iffy as to if it would hold up or not, so far so good. it runs beautifully and actually has as much hp as the turbo one at 12 psi the na has at about 4 to 5 psi.... buit that wasnt good enough 9 psi is so much better lol but now my clutch is the weak point i gotta get a new one i think the pressure plate is worn out i can pull a good 1st gear launch but when attempting to grab 2nd it just smokes the clutch.

already smoked a few rides, lets see a new 32 valve northstar caddie was first, the kid trash talks everyone so i lined up next to him on the highway , he laughed i smirked he floored it and got almost to my front bumper when i mashed it lol ripped passed him like he was a bi@$%^ wait he was lol
also a 96 mouseterd cammed up, chipped up, exhausted, bigger injectors, intake, high comp pistons and more. that was a much better run he got the jump of aboiut 2 cars( i was between gears) then i got in gear and pulled up on him thebn passed him it was pretty cool
and my favorite was a hatch with a gsr lol i asked if hed race he said shit well go to the highway and ill see if you can keep up on the on ramp i said i hope i can atleast keep up i dont want to be too slow
lol
need less to say i pulled on him only running 2 out of 9 psi dumb ass didnt even floor it and he still was amazed i was just a little saddened that his car was so slow

but needles to say almost a week alot of boost and no problems yet
ok just had to tell my story

DeleriousZ
09-15-2005, 07:06 PM
sounds good... just no more 7k rpm drifting eh;)

stephenp
09-15-2005, 07:46 PM
well funny you should say that i spun that puppie up to 7000 rpm running 9 psi for about 15 seconds and didnt bat an eye (hence the new rod bearings and head gaskets) boost kicks in at under 1500 rpms in 5th (close to 1300) and is fully spooled to 9 psi by 1800 rpm this thing is alot snappier than before

ExTrEmEDrIfT
09-17-2005, 10:43 PM
dued thats great ta hear , im probably going to be putting mine up here soon start building it i might buy something cheap like a civic or something and its good on gas or i might just say screw it and get a z32 which i decided i was gonna get one for sure just dont know when ..

longlivetheZ
09-19-2005, 06:56 PM
I GOTTA get my engine done...

Add your comment to this topic!