Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

eurovan ESP light won't go out

toneunknown
09-15-2005, 10:53 AM
I have a 2002 Eurovan with 60,000 miles on it. My brake pad light has been on for months even though the pads have plenty of meat on them.... the wire was damaged. A week ago my ESP light came on. I took it to a local mechanic that has the software for my car. (closest dealership is 1.5 hours away.) They said the wire that shows my pads are worn was also responsilble for my ESP light. They changed my pads and put the codes in to have the car "relearn" everything. They can not get the light to go out though. They have one code that they can not ID. They have cl=alled the dealership and they do not recognize the code either. (I am at this point trying to get the code). Is this a common problem or the death of my wallet? Is there a way to reset the light (my mech. seems to think there is nothing mechanically wrong, but he can not be sure)? I would take it to the dealership, but like I said, it is 1.5 hours away and I need my van for my 2 juobs.... any help? thanks.

boschmann
09-15-2005, 04:44 PM
If the light is still on because it thinks the pads are low then the wires have been shorted to each other or to ground. Have them check for this continuity.

toneunknown
09-16-2005, 08:53 AM
I have the elusive code. It is 1422. ANy quesses? Thanks for the last relpy.... I will check that out, but the Brake pad light has gone out...just the ESP light is on.

toneunknown
09-16-2005, 10:05 AM
If the light is still on because it thinks the pads are low then the wires have been shorted to each other or to ground. Have them check for this continuity.

Thanks for the info. The brake pad light is out now... just the ESP light remains. I have the code... it is 1422. ??????????? :banghead: :banghead:

boschmann
09-16-2005, 09:49 PM
The PCM code P1422 is for the secondary air injection control valve being shorted to batery voltage.

veedubmechanic
09-16-2005, 10:00 PM
The harness itsself may be bad if it was ripped or if the people did not install vw brakes with wear indicators.

toneunknown
09-28-2005, 08:35 AM
The harness itsself may be bad if it was ripped or if the people did not install vw brakes with wear indicators.

Thanks for the info. I am having the shop look at it again.

Add your comment to this topic!