2002 impala please help

Duley3
09-14-2005, 05:40 PM
I need to program my keyless remote. I have read all of the fourms here about how to do it thou the radio.

But when I get to the point were the words "Push FOB" . They never flash like everyone here and the owners manuals states. So I tried anyway but nothing happens. I have tried many times now and still nothing. "Push FOB" Never flashes.. :banghead:

could someone help me out? :crying:

Onblsht
09-14-2005, 11:54 PM
Did you check to see if the battery in your remote is any good?

Duley3
09-15-2005, 07:42 AM
Yes,

I changed it just because. But, That is not the problem that I'm having. When I get to the part in the programming were the words "PUSH FOB" are supposed to flash, they never do. So I can't program the remote.

I have tried many times. Every time I wait for the words "PUSH FOB" to flash. I have sat there and watch the radio and waited. But the only thing that happens is the radio exit the programming mode after about a min of waiting for it to flash.

victimizati0n
09-15-2005, 03:56 PM
why dont you just press it when it isnt flashing?

Duley3
09-15-2005, 09:06 PM
why dont you just press it when it isnt flashing?

I have but nothing happens :uhoh: ..

Duley3
09-16-2005, 07:52 AM
Any other ideas anyone?

Why would it not flash?

bermis519
09-17-2005, 09:05 PM
Is this the original keyfob you recieved with the car, if not, maybe it's not compatible, second, if it is the right one, maybe there is something wrong with the remote. i would take it to a dealer and tell them whats going on. A good honest dealer or repair shop shouldn't charge you.....

mike

Duley3
09-18-2005, 11:04 AM
Is this the original keyfob you recieved with the car, if not, maybe it's not compatible, second, if it is the right one, maybe there is something wrong with the remote. i would take it to a dealer and tell them whats going on. A good honest dealer or repair shop shouldn't charge you.....

mike

I don't know if it is the right one or not.. It is the one that the dealer gave me when I bought the car. It has never worked for me. But, I also have a remote starter in this car. I wounder if it has something to do with that or something. I'm going to take it to duke's car stereo and have them look at it. Only because the remote starter has the door lock things too. But, It also don't work.... I contacted them and they want 70-100 bucks to start.. Seems a little steep to me. The starter that I have is only $159 and then they install it FREE... But, I guess I'll find out why right.... :biggrin:

bermis519
09-18-2005, 12:18 PM
Do you have any other key fobs that actually work on the car or not. An aftermarket remote starter shouldn't interfer with the original stock keyless entry keyfob. Take it to a chevy dealer and have them look at it. I don't know why you would take it to an aftermarket installation place because they probably aren't familiar with the keyless system. I can try to help you to the best of my ability. So here is what i need to know...

1. Do you have another keyfob that works?
2. Did this keyfob work before.

Again, the keyfob might not be any good.

Another thing to try...take your original remote and try to reprogram that one, and see if you can get it to work. If you don't do it right, the keyfob will still work. Basically you would be overwriting the original one and not messing it up.....

Let me know,
Mike

Duley3
09-18-2005, 06:45 PM
The remote for my starter has the door lock button aswel but the wire are not there. Thats why I was going to that it to duke's or something. I was just going to get it working off from the remote for the starter.

That is the only stock one that I have. I'll take it to the dealer and see what they say.

Thanks

Onblsht
09-20-2005, 09:25 PM
What is the FCC and part number on back of your remote?

bigrod118
09-20-2005, 09:55 PM
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=193154

Duley3
09-21-2005, 07:56 AM
What is the FCC and part number on back of your remote?

I'll let you know later..

bigrod118
09-22-2005, 09:01 PM
well when you get around to it, tell us if it worked or not cuz today I found in my manual where it says to program them if that doesnt work for ya.

Duley3
09-23-2005, 03:33 PM
What should the FCC No. and Part No. be?

bigrod118
09-23-2005, 05:05 PM
Gm/lear: 10443537
Fcc Id: Koblear1xt

Duley3
09-24-2005, 04:54 PM
Well it must be shot.... Because that's what is on mine for a fcc and part No.

Add your comment to this topic!