Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Jaguar S-Type is the Best

Zanel
09-14-2005, 01:29 PM
Hi All:

I disagree with everyone blaming a S-Type from Jaguar.
It is NOT a car, but yourself (your driving habits).
I have one, purchased new in 2001, 4.0.
Current milege = 156000, and I love it.

First of all, S-Type is most beautifull car ever made after XK120, it worth getting to know it.
When it comes to beauty, you must know it from inside out, just like a beautifull lady (not that reliable, but you still turning your head towards her, it comes from inside of you).

Yes, Jaguar is not a car and/or transportation, it is a spiritual passion.
You purchased it and it is yours to death, so go ahead and treat it as part of yourself.

I'm a DIY, never went to a dealer to ask questions or oil change even when it was under warranty. When I hear/see anything I do not like, I fix it myself, nobody thouches this car, that is why I looks anf feels new.
And, I like the fact that it is Lincoln LS/Ford Taurus inside: parts interchangability, etc.
I drive my S-Type daily, and sometime cross-country, to me it is reliable, cause I know the car.

Also, if you do not care about looks of a car, go shop to Lexus.

BTW, extract annual TSBs for Jaguar, BMW, Mercedes and Lexus (V8 cedans only), you will notice almost the same failure rate, provided that a car has high milege and is driven on daily basis. Nobody just don't talks about this...

--
Thanks,

Zanel
--

Jaguar D-Type
09-14-2005, 05:44 PM
The Taurus is front-wheel drive and isn't built using the same chassis.

The 2003 S-Type uses a ZF 6 speed automatic transmission.

The S-Type was revised for the 2003 model year.

It has a 10 % more rigid chassis than the 2002 model year.

A new interior

New front suspension with more aluminum

Heavily revised rear suspension with more aluminum

New 4.2 liter engine (much improved over the 4.0 liter V-8 that first came out in the 1997 Jaguar XK8)

check here for Jaguar's V-8

http://www.jagweb.com/aj6eng/v8_performance.html

The new S-Type R had an additional brace in the rear, Brembo brakes, a 4.2 liter 390 hp supercharged V-8, and lot of other modifications.

The 2005 S-Type was revised with...

a new aluminum hood with a more pronounced 'V' shape

new exterior styling

slightly new interior (gauges, optional aluminum trim, and some other stuff)

revised front suspension

new brakes

new wheels

and some other stuff I probably forgot

The E-Type is still the most beautiful Jaguar ever made, but the XJ220 isn't too far behind.

RickwithaTbird
09-28-2005, 09:44 AM
Well, here comes a 3rd opinion. To me, the new XJ's are the most beautiful. THe long nose with the aggressive demeanor, the beautiful tail lights, huge wheels, big space inside...

the car says.. "Fuck everything else... I'm full of class."

and the XJ220 is on a different scale. Much more of a work of art. It's a sports car, built for speed, and wow.. its beautiful.

I'm not familiar with the E type though. Is that the way older model back from the days when all cars were similar to Model Ts?

Jaguar D-Type
09-28-2005, 08:23 PM
The E-Type came out in 1961 and is one of the greatest cars ever made. It is also known as the XKE.

check the link

Jaguar E-Type (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=405521)

Not all pre-World War II cars are similar. Just check the link for Duesenbergs.

Duesenbergs (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=380174)

Add your comment to this topic!