Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Drag Car Contest

white97ex
09-14-2005, 07:05 AM
If a Mod wants to move this that is fine. I just figured it would get more views here, as well as more interest. There have been talks of extending out contest deadline to February, instead of the quickly approaching first of November. This would alleviate the pressure from both this contest as well as the AFMOTY (this is still happening correct?) Also It would hopefully allow for more entries. I would Like to see this thing grow a little bit. And the closeness of the deadline, Will kill some of the entries that are already in the contest. Please, leave your views on this here. If you wanted to enter, but the deadline is too close, let us know. That will be incentive for us to move the deadline, and for you to enter!!!!! I also need to contact our sponsors and see how they feel about it.

Thanks
Russell
white97ex

mike@af
09-14-2005, 08:21 AM
I'd like to enter...but I havent had time to start yet. I've imposed a deadline for my scratch built to have a rolling chassis by November, so the needs to come first.

Jurva
09-14-2005, 08:27 AM
That would help me alot! My original deadline was around march, but february is ok. It makes things alot easier.

lotus_man
09-14-2005, 01:11 PM
Yup, I have a AA/FA planned that I've only just started getting the bits together for. I wasn't planning on entering it due to the deadline, but if it shifts out I should have plenty of time. It takes a whil for parts to cross the Atlantic to me!!!

white97ex
09-14-2005, 03:43 PM
well. The response from the contestants has been positive, and TEM is ok with the change. So right now we are looking at Feb 1st for the new deadline

chyknees
09-14-2005, 10:43 PM
hopefully i can make the deadline. currently building a SFWD Civic, but its turning more into a HotRod class car....we'll see.

Tony J
12-12-2005, 07:20 PM
hey Russel, Tony Jenkins from the MCMA here. Can you tell me how I can see the entries to the drag car contest. remember that I don't have a clue how to navigate around in this cyber jungle.ha ha ha sad I guess

white97ex
12-12-2005, 09:22 PM
pm sent tony. I do apologize for not getting the pictures to you before now.

If you are still seriously going to make a run at this contest, PLEASE, pm me. we have a lot of idle threads. some have had intermittent updates, but others have not been updated since they were created. some people have given verbal comitments but have yet to start a project. There is still plenty of time. the deadline was pushed back to Feb 1.

Add your comment to this topic!