Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

honda accord 1994

dmwaweru
09-14-2005, 02:39 AM
i have a problem starting my car. it will just click but my radio is on and my lights come on. what could be the problem?

JohnFrisco
09-14-2005, 09:09 AM
The most common cause for this is either a weak or dead battery, or a dirty or corroded connection to the battery. Before you go any further, turn your interior light on, then try to start the car. If the light is dim or goes dim when you turn the key to start, then you have a dead battery.

If the interior light is bright when you turn it on and doesn't change when you turn the key to start, the battery is probably ok. This condition can be caused by the following:

You do not have the transmission selector in park or neutral on an automatic transmission vehicle or there is a problem with the neutral safety switch. Try starting again with the transmission selector in Neutral.

You are not depressing the clutch pedal all the way down on a standard transmission vehicle or there is a problem with the clutch pedal switch.

There is a problem with the ignition switch or connecting wiring.

There is a problem with the starter motor or starter solenoid.

thunderoad99
09-15-2005, 02:22 PM
Sounds like a weak battery or it is ready to go. You can have them checked at most autoparts stores

Add your comment to this topic!