Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

P1275

AnnieM
09-13-2005, 09:14 PM
My CE light came on this evening. Autozone shows a P1275 as a cylinder #5 high to low side open, but, did not have any more info on the code. I found this blurb at another website:"SOME ENGINES MAY OCASSIONALLY EXPERIENCE IDLE FLUCTUATION AND / OR THE MALFUNCTION INDICATOR LAMP WILL ILLUMINATE BECAUSE AN ACCELERATOR POSITION SENSOR (APS) DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE P1271, P1273, P1275, P1280, OR P1285 IS SET.", but, could not locate this code anywhere else. It seems to be running fine.
It is a 2001 Sport w/approx 39K. 6cyl 4X4 3.2 L.
Please let me know if this is something to worry about and if it is okay to drive. Any info is appreciated.
Thanks, Annie

rodeo02
09-13-2005, 10:34 PM
P1000 & up are tough because they are 'manufacturer specific' codes. Hopefully someone with a shop manual or the proper info will chime in!
G/luck
Joel

kcorry
09-14-2005, 01:24 PM
AnnieM,
I found the specific code through a download (Love this forum) for the 2001 Rodeo Sport. It essentially is a problem in 2 locations: AP sensor and the PCM. In a nut shell, the wiring between the sensor and the PCM was not properly grounded, which has caused the DTC code. The final recommendation from the guide: If sensor is not bad, check the wiring harness. If the wiring harness is bad, replace it. If the sensor is bad, replace it. And last but not least, replace the PCM and have it re-programmed.
Thanks,
KC

rodeo02
09-14-2005, 02:02 PM
Yes good call KC. From a search of this forum P1275 deals with the accelerator pedal sensor. Annie, this is part of the 'throttle by wire' system found on 2000+ 3.2/3.5 engines. You could try a search for 'throttle by wire' for more info.
G/luck
Joel

AnnieM
09-14-2005, 04:14 PM
Thank you so much for the responses. If only they were in English :-) I've done more research and still can't find the part about if it is something I should worry about, or not. The light has not come back on.

rodeo02
09-14-2005, 05:18 PM
Annie, your truck does not have a throttle cable, or hard connection between the 'gas pedal' and throttle. It's all electronic. There is a sensor attached to the gas pedal that sends a signal to a stepper motor that actuates the throttle. Called throttle by wire. Have you had any work done on the truck lately? One thing you dont want to do on these trucks is work the throttle by hand under the hood while the key is on or the truck is running. It can cause problems with the TBW system. That could have happened to yours. You can move the trottle under the hood with the truck off/key out.
G/luck
Joel

AnnieM
09-14-2005, 06:21 PM
No work has been done on it since October when the the 4 wheel actuator was replaced. Only the normal 3K oil changes. Oil was changed about 3 weeks ago. Nothing else.
Is this something that could have corrected itself, or something I need to take it in for? Don't mean to be naive, but, all I know how to do is check the oil, windsheild fluid and add gas. I don't want to be driving it if it's not safe.

peterrr4everrr
04-30-2007, 06:46 PM
Hey everone,
I have the exact same problem on my 2001 Honda Passport.
P1275 Manufacturer control, air-fuel metering.
I tried replacing the sensor, and re-positioning the Accelerator Pedal, did NOT work.
Does anyone know what I should do?
I emailed Annie to see what she did, waiting for a reply.
Please let me know if you have any suggestions it will be greatly appreciated.
My name is Peter and you can email me at post4peter2day@hotmail.com
Or call at (937) 422-5258

Thanks in advance.

2eyefishclaw
05-01-2007, 08:39 PM
P1275 Aps1 Circuit Fault Usually A Bad Sensor When The App Sensor Is Replaced It Needs To Be Adjusted To 11% You Will Not Be Able To Do This Unless You Have A Scan Tool That Shows The Data For The Sensor

Add your comment to this topic!