battery cable burn !


henrythefourth
09-13-2005, 06:28 PM
Just attempted to start s-10 and the smoke from under the hood turned out to be the battery cable connector melting onto the battery. Any ideas as to why this would happen ? Need quick reply as I am going on golfing trip in the morning and need to use this car ! Thanks for helpful answer
Ken

OverBoardProject
09-14-2005, 01:09 AM
Well the only thing that you can try is take them off and clean the contacts.
On both sides not just the battery.

A poor contact will oftem cause the battery wires to smoke, but that might not be your problem

It will probably take you around 1/2 a hour so you should be able to make your golf trip.

Try and replace then ASAP

Good Luck

Add your comment to this topic!