Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Pulsing supercrew

transgta
09-13-2005, 05:09 PM
My 01 supercrew recently had tranny reblt. When i got it back shifted real hard. After going back 5 times finally right 4 a while.Now when shifting feels kinda like a clutch when you shift slowly then let clutch out slowly. This bothers me but even worse when you have brake on at stop you can feel a pulsing as the motors revolutions. Also when driving slow through town you can feel it then sometimes shifts down and up like it cant decide where 2 be. I did put plugs in it a while back. Took to trans shop he drove it a lot and said nothing he can do 4 it. Now he could just not want to do it or it may be missing in motor. Any ideas would be great. DAVE

truck150
09-14-2005, 05:29 AM
have you had the truck from day one? when i bought mine 01 supercrew it did the same and i put in two different used trans and that did not fix the problem. then i got the ford factory involved in it and the told me i had the wrong trans in my truck and that the person before me had changed the original trans and put in a different one. in 01 they had two diff trans. they changed in july of 01. sure enough i put the trans that it needed and it fixed the prob. there is a way to find out which one that you need. check the number on the trans tag on the passenger side and in the middle of the trans. it should say yL3p-a or 1L3p-qa find out which one it says and then call your local dealer and give them your vin number to look up your trucks specs. and they can tell you which trans that you need. hope this helps

transgta
09-14-2005, 06:20 PM
Thanks for your time im on it Dave. will get back

Add your comment to this topic!