Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

interior lights stay on

skipjudy
09-12-2005, 09:14 PM
I just bought a 99 cv with all the goodies.When i park inside the garage
the dome light and floor lights come on with an open door and when door is closed the light turn off slowly.Now a couple minutes latter the lights turn back on and stay on.When I turn off the dome at light switch they go off and back on in 3 sec.I've had the car less then a week and have dead batterys in the morning. I also don't have the code for keyless
entry and when i try and enter a new code with number on trunk hinge
it doesn't work.

icecreampaintjob
03-10-2010, 07:45 PM
I have the exact same problem. Did you ever figure out what this was? All the doors are slammed shut and the interior light switch is off and the interior lights will still come on. Initially after I turn the car off and shut the door the lights will turn off (like normal) and then a couple seconds later they turn back on. Later the lights will turn off again only to turn back on. I think this is because the car is set so that interior lights automatically turn off after a certain amount of time when the car is off, but something is turning them back on every time.

way2old
03-11-2010, 06:07 PM
Maybe the accessory delay relay is faulty or the GEM module is acting up.

longknife58
05-10-2010, 10:59 AM
For complete instructions and photos you can e-mail me at
stevielongknife58@netzero.com. I will be more than happy to to help anyone having problems with the Crown Vicky and P71's, or at least be as much help as I can.
It sounds like you are having problems with the Lighting Control Module (LCM), sometimes refered to as the Generic Electronic Module (GEM).
Anyway, let me know about the lighting issues and I'll e-mail you info that I'm sure will solve your problem, just too much explaining for here and I can't post the photo's.
Steve (longknife58)

Add your comment to this topic!