Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Gauge question

94PreludeJDM
09-12-2005, 07:35 PM
I plan on buying gauges to prepare for a turbo in the near future, and of course have come acrossed a wide range of prices. I was just wondering what the difference between a gauge like that Auto Meter Cobalt series (http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?Ntt=gauges&x=0&y=0&Ntk=KeywordSearch&DDS=1&searchinresults=false&N=0&target=egnsearch.asp) and something like like the REV2's (http://www.autodynamic.com/search_results.asp?iLevel=1&txtsearchParamCat=ALL&txtsearchParamMan=ALL&txtsearchParamVen=ALL&txtsearchParamType=ALL&txtFromSearch=fromSearch&txtsearchParamTxt=REVO+REV2). Sorry for the long links. Is there that big of a difference in gauges, and will the cheaper ones give me less accurate readings?

civickiller
09-12-2005, 09:36 PM
the only 2 gauges i see that are good is the boost and oil pressure gauge

94PreludeJDM
09-12-2005, 09:59 PM
Do you mean that those are the only two worth having? Because I was asking about the difference in brand. Or are you saying that those are the only two good ones in one of the brands?

civickiller
09-12-2005, 10:55 PM
oh which is better, well defi gauges which you dont have listed is the best but i would say the rev2s are better

94PreludeJDM
09-12-2005, 11:13 PM
alright, what gauges would you recommend? I kind of like the blue LED aspect too, or even a greenish color to go with the Prelude interior lights, plus my headunit lights up the exact same color. Thanks for your help though.

superbluecivicsi
09-12-2005, 11:20 PM
what ever brand it is.

AF w/wideband, egt, boost, and oil.

i prefer the first three.

94PreludeJDM
09-12-2005, 11:48 PM
ok, so is the bottom line here that brand isn't all that big of an issue, as long as it's not like a complete cheap piece of crap?

civickiller
09-13-2005, 08:04 PM
well idk about any brand like i said defi is the best but the most expensive.

and what super listed are the best gauges to get, and to clear it up, hes probably talking about a oil pressure gauge, those are the 4 gauges i would get

Add your comment to this topic!