Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Monte problems again, about to trade it in for a honda

montecarlossfan
09-12-2005, 03:50 PM
I have a 2000 ss the thing will buck sometimes with my foot in one spot on the gas like its losing power ec, the car has lost power, the cat isnt clogged , the maf is new, the iac is new, the map is new, everything on this damn car is new, plugs wires, coil packs, tps, it still does this, i have new injectors all the way around, new pcm, compression checks out good, the fuel pump checks out, i give up ...i'm thinking electrical and thats it time to trade her in unless anyone has an idea

maxwedge
09-13-2005, 02:52 PM
This can be a trans problem if it only does it in lock up under load ,50 up. Have it scanned for trans codes, also fuel filter? Why were all the parts replaced? Make sure all the engine grounds are good also. Any pending or present misfire codes?

montecarlossfan
09-13-2005, 03:36 PM
it does it randomly... i feels like the timing is advancign then not then again then not, it isnt a lockup problem...no misfire codes, and all these parts were replaced to rule them out...i got some warrantied throuh a buddy at the parts store...so it didtn cost much, i'm thinking its something electrical...the car runs good, just doesnt feel like it did last year..it really runs like garbage...not as good as it should, the fuel filter is brand new also..i didnt miss anything on this damn car lol

ajtkimmel
09-14-2005, 08:45 PM
i would have to agree with "maxwedge" in saying a posible transmission problem. how do you know that it is not a lock up problem?

is the car equipped with traction control? Does it act like that might be turning on when it is not supposed to?

montecarlossfan
09-14-2005, 08:46 PM
I have a video i am gonna post, it isnt a lockup prob..its really weird u will see the blinkers go funky , they arent sounding right...gimme about 5 min and i will post a link to the quiktime vid i made today when it acted up

montecarlossfan
09-14-2005, 09:05 PM
here is the quicktime vid http://www.flipdrive.com/myflipdrive.php?user_id=33031&share_code=9e67d3d99064efc6e3a63f267a34bbd5

login as montecarlossfan password: mymontesux

brucedana
09-16-2005, 02:19 AM
I agree.With you that it is something electrical.I watched the video.I had a 92 Saturn that did the same thing.It was two things.One was a ground wire to the engine that was just loose under the air intake.The other I could not believe was the converter.The reason why I say i could'nt believe it was the converter was only 5 months old.But my blinkers worked fine.It was just the real bad on and off power I was getting.I will check with my employer today at work.I work At Car X.He knows alot about these cars.

montecarlossfan
09-20-2005, 09:30 PM
this thing is driving me nuts, i dont wanna part with it cuz its paid off, looks great it hasnt done it lately, but now i noticed i get alot of pinging when i start it , idle it for 1 min, then go down the street adn accelerate about 1/2 way down it sounds like a diesel , onc eit gets a lil warmer it goes away..i thought its the opposite...there is no carbon in this motor whatsoever, i did a seafoam treatment about 2 months ago.. weird car lol maybe dirty injectors?

fist
09-20-2005, 10:37 PM
I would say either the PCM has a bad fuel table or your TQ converter! Have you done any PCM reprograms?

corning_d3
09-21-2005, 10:18 PM
I agree with Fist, it sounds like a PCM or ground problem. With those prob's, my monte woulda threw a zillion DTC's!

blazes9395
10-04-2005, 02:00 AM
This sounds like bad knock sensor(s). The PCM uses the data from the knock sensor to retard timing if knocking(pinging) is present. If the PCM cannot run at maximum allowable advance, then your car will feel sluggish, because it will always be bringing the timing back. If you keep your foot in one spot on the gas pedal and you feel it like searching, like loses power, comes back, and loses it again....PCM is looking for the right timing to eliminate knock, as determined from the knock sensor values. The noise your talking about at start-up is the typical piston slap many GM engines have, mostly because of tight tolerances designed in these engines...it sounds awful I know, but GM has said it does not affect engine performance/reliability.

montecarlossfan
10-10-2005, 08:56 PM
Well....it finally quit on me wohooo!!!!!! .....its a bad bad electrical problem it seems like, the tailights go out and the upper lights on the rear lights come on and the car dies,,,also with the lights totally off via ebrake then starting, the lights stay on and dim with the inside dimmer...no idea how....so its at the dealer now..i will let you all know what the problem was

montecarlossfan
10-11-2005, 07:12 PM
the dealer replaced the alternator which i told them it wasnt....then i get a call saying we have some voltage issues here ...and now they gotta send a tech in to mess with the wires..yay fun stuff

montecarlossfan
10-12-2005, 08:52 PM
Well it turne dout to be a bad ground in the car on the passenger side kick panel...460 bucks later..

corning_d3
10-12-2005, 09:27 PM
wow. I hate that sh*t. Hate to hear it man. AT least it's runnin', though!

Add your comment to this topic!