Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Coolant leaking!!! and stoping...please help!!

snowman2109
09-12-2005, 12:49 AM
I got a 96 accord lx 4 dr with 160xxx miles. I noticed my coolant began to leak and really really fast but after the car is shut off it stops. (leaked out atleast 10 oz's of coolant in 2 3 minutes, in continuous drops).

After the car cooled off started driving it, didn't leak at all for a week. Then today my gauge skyrocketed to almost red because my coolant started to leak again.

It seems as that the coolant is leaking from the 2 parralel tubes that run horizontly right infront and below the radiator where the tightening clams are (bottom right)

If anyone has had this problem before or knows the reason for its leaking let me know ASAP!!

mpumas
09-12-2005, 01:38 AM
I gather you have an automatic tranny. Those two tubes are for the automatic tranny cooling. If they are leaking where it enters the bottom of the radiator, you need to pull it and either fix it or replace the whole thing.

snowman2109
09-12-2005, 01:56 AM
yea, it is an auto. I got 2 more ??s

How do you get to them?? Take the bumper off or a guard from the bottom..and how much would new parts cost...

mpumas
09-12-2005, 11:01 PM
Take the guard off. A new aftermarket radiator can be purchased for about $100. It might cost just as much to try to repair it.

Add your comment to this topic!