Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2002 Santa Fe car fax needed

jmr32
09-11-2005, 08:49 PM
Hi, considering a purchase of a 2002 Santa Fe LX with 69,000 miles. Asking price $9500. Is anyone able to do a car fax for me?
VIN #KM8SC13D52U229592
Pros/Cons of Santa Fe's? I'm currently driving an 89 Toyota Cressida and love it, but it is now needing some repairs so time to move on to something else. Thanks

lowsonoma1999
09-11-2005, 09:41 PM
Hi, considering a purchase of a 2002 Santa Fe LX with 69,000 miles. Asking price $9500. Is anyone able to do a car fax for me?
VIN #KM8SC13D52U229592
Pros/Cons of Santa Fe's? I'm currently driving an 89 Toyota Cressida and love it, but it is now needing some repairs so time to move on to something else. Thanks

Well, I can't access carfax right now, but I checked the warranty history on the car. Only 2 warranty claims, 1 being the pre-delivery inspection and it appears the front bumper was replaced under warranty at the port. My guess would be transport damage on the boat. Other than that, no claims, so it looks like it's been a pretty good vehicle without problems. If the carfax comes back clean, I'd go for it.

jmr32
09-11-2005, 10:21 PM
Thanks for the information. The car looks great. The only real concern I have is the high mileage for a 2002 car. I have been driving a toyota which are known for lasting "forever", so high mileage in and of itself is not a problem for me. What type of track record do Santa Fe's have when they hit higher mileage?

lowsonoma1999
09-12-2005, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the information. The car looks great. The only real concern I have is the high mileage for a 2002 car. I have been driving a toyota which are known for lasting "forever", so high mileage in and of itself is not a problem for me. What type of track record do Santa Fe's have when they hit higher mileage?

Hell, 69k ain't nothin. My wife drives an 03 Sonata I bought April 30th of 03, and just turned 76k yesterday. I would have to say that we haven't seen a lot of high mileage Sante Fe's come through the shop. Only one I can remember was an '01 2.7L, 4wd, that has 120k miles on it, and we put a transmission in it. They towed a lot with it, so I'm betting that hurt it quite a bit as well. Other than that, I can't think of many. The main problem we have with them are emission parts like canister clove valves, fuel vent valves, purge valves, etc. . .Nothing real major, but it's usually a dealership job. A lot of smaller shops don't have the tools or equipment to properly diagnose those problems.

Add your comment to this topic!