Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Major engine problems..Help needed!!

veilside01702
09-11-2005, 04:13 PM
I have a 1992 N/A 2+2 300zx that is playing up a bit lately.....
I am smoking under hard accelleration.........
The car has a Blitz pop charger installed and keeps stalling when it rains!
I have come to the conclusion that it is the MAF sensor getting wet and causing the car to lose power and stall...
I have checked the oil and found it has multiplied and is now up the dipstick at about 5-6ltrs.....
The oil pressure guage has been reading 8 when cold and even down to 0 at idle when warm.....
I think that was because the oil is now like water with half a tank of unleaded mixed in with it!!
I might be able to sell it to someone with a 2 stroke bike and get some money back lol......especially as petrol is now at nearly £1 a litre here in the UK!
I also have water dissappearing sometimes (happens every few months)with no leaks visable anywhere!
When I refill and start the car it froths up as though there is washing up liquid in the radiator, but NO oil!
No oil in rad, No water in oil!!
Does Not overheat unless water gets really low!
Head gasket????
Any idea's?????
Build new engine over winter???
I have everything but pistons, rings, gaskets and rods......I have an old engine sitting in my garage........lol....

k3smostwanted
09-11-2005, 05:02 PM
I have a 1992 N/A 2+2 300zx that is playing up a bit lately.....
I am smoking under hard accelleration.........
The car has a Blitz pop charger installed and keeps stalling when it rains!
I have come to the conclusion that it is the MAF sensor getting wet and causing the car to lose power and stall...
I have checked the oil and found it has multiplied and is now up the dipstick at about 5-6ltrs.....
The oil pressure guage has been reading 8 when cold and even down to 0 at idle when warm.....
I think that was because the oil is now like water with half a tank of unleaded mixed in with it!!
I might be able to sell it to someone with a 2 stroke bike and get some money back lol......especially as petrol is now at nearly £1 a litre here in the UK!
I also have water dissappearing sometimes (happens every few months)with no leaks visable anywhere!
When I refill and start the car it froths up as though there is washing up liquid in the radiator, but NO oil!
No oil in rad, No water in oil!!
Does Not overheat unless water gets really low!
Head gasket????
Any idea's?????
Build new engine over winter???
I have everything but pistons, rings, gaskets and rods......I have an old engine sitting in my garage........lol....

do you have white smoke coming out of the tailpipes?

sounds like you are burning coolant which would cause you to also be going trhough coolant. head gasket is probably the cause.

and yeah, if the MAF gets wet it could cause the car not to run. as long as it doesnt do it often when its not raining, you probably do not have anything wrong.

ZedEx
09-11-2005, 10:50 PM
Deffinately sounds like you have some Piston Rings, and Head Gaskets that have gone bad. Get rid of the car unless you are planning on spending some money on it.

-Wes

Add your comment to this topic!