Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Ignition resistor Buick 2000 Century????

jay261
09-11-2005, 03:40 PM
2000 Buick Ignition resistor needs replaced according to the man at the auto parts store? My fan just stopped blowing except on hi speed. So I bought the part and looked under the dash and I have no clue where this part is? Can anyone help guide me to the location of this part?

Thank you

luv_3pt_shooters@msn.com

GTP Dad
09-11-2005, 07:23 PM
Look under the dash on the passanger side of the vehicle. The fan is way up under there. The resistor is located next to the fan. You should remove the fan to remove the resistor. Not hard to change just hard to get to.

jay261
09-12-2005, 10:19 PM
Look under the dash on the passanger side of the vehicle. The fan is way up under there. The resistor is located next to the fan. You should remove the fan to remove the resistor. Not hard to change just hard to get to.

Found it!! I got everything out except the two screws against the fire wall! Really tight spot. I borrowed a neighbors flexible socket end and will try for those two racals again tomorrow. Once I read your note and looked for the two plug ends way in the back, I could see the place it went. Thank you for the assist! I appreciate it.

Add your comment to this topic!