Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2003 Accord, Compressor won't turn on

got80s
09-11-2005, 12:26 AM
I was driving down the hwy and all of the sudden the air conditioner just stopped putting out cold air. My brother in law who is an ac tech said that it's probably a fuse that just blew that controls the compressor. There is nothing wrong with the "freon" it's full. I looked over the fuse box under the hood and the one in the car. I can't tell what fuse or fuses controls the ac.. Can anyone help?

cybercrx00
09-11-2005, 02:52 AM
try the owners manual, it should have a little more comprehensive listing of fuses.

got80s
09-11-2005, 03:07 AM
try the owners manual, it should have a little more comprehensive listing of fuses.
That's exactly what autozone said, problem is, none of the fuses reference the compressor...is it called something else? I just got the car, I've been driving a 96 Buick Regal for the past 8 years...

I really have to get the ac working properly b/c the dealer tinted the windows right before I picked it up so I can't roll down the windows!

got80s
09-14-2005, 10:36 PM
it was the coil in the compressor clutch that failed. hope this helps for future problems for other people.

Add your comment to this topic!