Prelude mileage....

MidNiteMysT
05-10-2002, 04:56 PM
When i get my prelude 95, i will expect about 80k to 100k miles on it already. should i worry about that? i plan to modify my car so will the mileage play a big factor? is there a way to help my engine by rebuilding it or whatever? i dont know whats its called but i think its called rebuilding the engine. and how much would something like this cost? how long would a prelude last, like up to what mileage usually? basically what im saying is will the mileage on the car affect my car and cause me to have many repairs or breakdowns? i hope you get my drift, thanx in advance
-MysT

THE4TH
05-10-2002, 11:46 PM
up in la they have a 92 prelude with one million miles on it.. no kidding, original parts and everything.. so don't worry about the miles.. seriously , it's how ya drive it.. be good to it and it'll be good to you

MidNiteMysT
05-11-2002, 12:24 PM
what if i push it hard? im expecting to push it hard a few times but mostly im gonna drive nice. since im modifying it, i expect to push hard. what can i do to make it run good again. can i rebuild it? how much would that cost? with all these miles on it, my previous owner might have pushed it hard.

THE4TH
05-12-2002, 01:59 AM
if your that worried about it.. then get the car, and save a bit drop a new engine in it with low miles then mod it to hell...

MidNiteMysT
05-12-2002, 04:15 AM
i dont know about putting in a new engine...... first of all, its expensive and i dont plan to do serious racing since im just getting my license. second, i dont want to have future problems with it and third of all, i dont have connections that would do a good swap for me, i need a good mechanic for that. i guess my car will be fine, i just wont push it hard for no reason. how much would it cost to rebuild the engine? and how much would it cost to put in a new better engine with instalation and everything done?

THE4TH
06-22-2002, 05:46 PM
did ya get the car... nice ride btw....

MidNiteMysT
06-22-2002, 06:25 PM
nope, i didnt get it :( i found a guy selling a volkswagen 1990 corrado so i think im just gonna get that. my dad went and saw the car already. i tried calling him again so we can go back and check it out and then if i checks out, we are gonna buy it on the spot. but this guy wont answer his phone and wont respond to my email. i dont know what to do, we left a message but it doesnt seem like hes trying to call us back. i wanna get the car but if he doesnt respond, what am i supposed to do?

THE4TH
07-07-2002, 02:33 AM
i have to admit i hate vw's
and i wish you grabbed the lude..
but from your list it sounds like a nice ride..
so i'm not gonna clown...
enjoy the ride..

MidNiteMysT
07-07-2002, 02:38 AM
i actually ended up getting the car. i like it. why dont u like vw? the guy actually called me back like 2 days later after that post. i wish i got the lude too but it was in such bad condition, that it wasnt worth buying. im planning to get a prelude for my second car cuz this vw is just a first car, something to learn on. i dont know though, im gonna have this car for like 2 years so i might change my mind on what car i want. but i do want a prelude. gonna be pretty old in 2 years though...

THE4TH
07-07-2002, 02:41 AM
yeah i just don't like vw's... everything is in the wrong place and everyone i know always had problems with it... i don't like the looks.. and 4 out of the 5 girliest cars are vw's..

but anyway goodluck with it..

MidNiteMysT
07-07-2002, 04:05 AM
i actually wanted a civic hatchback for my first car but my dad found the corrado so he decided to get it. its a nice car and isnt girlie. if u saw pics, i think you would agree. i know they have many problems and expensive to fix and stuff like that but its only a first car.

corrado pics (http://www.corrado666.com)

THE4TH
07-09-2002, 04:46 AM
right on man .. like i said good luck with it.. i'm sure it's a great car.. just not my cup of tea..

MidNiteMysT
10-14-2002, 01:03 PM
well guess what? the corrado was sold and i got my 4th gen 1995 white prelude si that i wanted all along!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

THE4TH
10-14-2002, 11:19 PM
sweeet.... i love the 95's..
i had a 99 and i loved it, but i really like the older style..
happy modding :D

Add your comment to this topic!