Page updated on 10-23-2017

intake 4 01 ply neon

omgitserock
09-10-2005, 05:26 PM
Hey guys.
I searched through here to try and figure out if I could find a way to install this intake without having to post another thread, but oh well. Couldn't find one.
I have a 2001 Plymouth Neon LX. I bought this intake:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=7995449032&sspagename=STRK%3AMEAFB%3AIT

I'm wondering if the long pipe is missing anything, and how exactly am I supposed to put this in?

das2123
09-12-2005, 02:01 PM
From what I can tell by the picture and from some of the other intakes I have seen...I would say the short straight piece would connect to your TB using the coupler and then the L shaped piece would connect to it using the other coupler then the filter. Of course you have to remove your stock air filter to this.

nimitz23ky
09-25-2005, 06:33 AM
in case you still need help. the coupler with the small end goes on the TB. the bigger opening on it, slide the tube into it...i suppose just trial with it. also, those parts to secure it, they are useless. don't really worry about those. just try to get it in, and make sure it is as close to the bottom of the vehicle as possible. colder air...not to the rear of the engine, either...

omgitserock
09-25-2005, 06:10 PM
okay, well..if the small piece connects to the TB, then it will have to connect to the little silver peice that holds in one of my sensors, and then after that the long part would connect to the other side...so where does the filter go? if this seems like a dumb question, sorry, but my friends and I(who have a decent amount of car knowledge all put together) cannot figure out how in the hell to do this. after removing the box, it just..agh. i dunno. step by step instructions maybe?

Add your comment to this topic!