Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Nissan dealer "one price" like Saturn - better or no?

Ophelia1920
09-10-2005, 05:23 PM
We are looking at mid size SUVs: Pilot, Pathfinder, and 4Runner. We were just at a Nissan dealer and the salesperson says it's a one price dealer, no negotiating. Is this a really big rip off? If we did try to negotiate, would they just laugh at us?

The Pathfinder has some perks with it, like free oil changes and car wash for as long as you own, I'm sure that is built into the purchase price.

I completely distrust car salespeople. Got ripped off on my '02 Solara, he hardly budged at all. I hate negotiating, and neither one of us are good at it. I've read all the books on it, but when it comes down to it I can't play that game and get disgusted with the sales person.

My hubby likes the Pathfinder best so far, I was hoping to buy used, but the '05 is roomier which we need.

Also, how would we handle the trade in? I tried that when I bought my '02 Solara, they said trade in price for my 4Runner would be $8K. Book value was $11-12K so I decided to sell it myself. WRONG! It sat for MONTHS and I finally sold it for guess what, 8K. So I actually ended up losing money.

Thanks!!

Add your comment to this topic!