Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Brakes squealing loudly after cleaning with CRC Brakleen! Help!

VJDatt
09-10-2005, 01:01 PM
Hi
My brakes were making light noise and I found that the brake pads were OK. So I bought CRC Brakleen from Walmart and sprayed the brake assembly (without removing the callipers). I sprayed quite a bit as recommended. I collected the blackish drain-off at the bottom.

After putiing back the wheel, I tried to use the brake and it is now making pretty loud squealing, squeaking noise!!! It almost feels like metal scraping against metal. I did not touch anything else and I dont know what went wrong? Did I use too much of the CRC Brakleen fluid and end up damaging something else?

Any suggestions on what to do next? PLEASE HELP!!!!

Thanks in advance
Vijay

Toysrme
09-10-2005, 04:07 PM
No it's fine.
I would take the wheel back off & check the pads against the metal warning squeeler.

VJDatt
09-11-2005, 07:13 AM
No it's fine.
I would take the wheel back off & check the pads against the metal warning squeeler.
Thank you so much for the advice!
I had not inspected the brake pads properly. When I opened the calipers and checked the pads, they were totally worn out!
When I had used CRC Brakleen, I had removed all the grease and that is why it was squealing\squeaking so badly. Thank god for that. Otherwise I would have thought that the pads were ok.

BTW, the instructions with pictures for brake pad replacement are excellent here-

https://www1.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?ForwardPage=/az/cds/en_us/0900823d/80/13/f8/bf/0900823d8013f8bf.jsp#hd1-1-1

You may have to register to view the doc.
Thanks again
Vijay

Add your comment to this topic!