Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Initial D

knightvision
09-10-2005, 11:41 AM
I was wondering what Initial D could be... now I found and I'll try to get an episode...

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.club4ag.com/faq%2520and%2520tech_pages/Tech%2520Photos/Models/FD_Initial_D.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.club4ag.com/faq%2520and%2520tech_pages/Plastic%2520Models.htm&h=480&w=640&sz=78&tbnid=fTa5fh7qHRsJ:&tbnh=101&tbnw=135&hl=de&start=28&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dinitial%2Bd%26start%3D20%26svnum%3D10 %26hl%3Dde%26lr%3D%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:de-DE:official_s%26sa%3DN

at google I found these pics from some kits, take a look at the drawings on the top! they look awesome, imo

Just tell me whether you have seen an Initial D episode, do you like it, what it is about... I'm curious.

Aerowitz
09-10-2005, 01:03 PM
I actually bought some of those models when I was living in Kansas. Too bad I couldn't find an FC3S model...

Initial D is focused on Takumi Fujiwara, a kid who is highly skilled with his father's AE86 Trueno. Some rival racing teams show up and discover him, then try to defeat him. That's pretty much the formula for the entire series. Thankfully, almost no race is alike when the racers use different driving strategies and drivetrain layouts.

The series was started as a manga in 1995, so you won't see anything recent until volumes 20+. The opening lineup consists of cars like the FC3S, FD3SI, BNR32, RPS13 Sileighty, EG6, and the LanEvo CE9A III and CN9A IV. Later on, in 4th Stage, there is an ER34, but that's about the newest car you'll ever see.

If you're into the anime version, I would suggest skipping Second Stage completely, because it's a waste of money. Third Stage is a (good) movie, and Fourth Stage is the newest TV series currently running in Japan on PPV.

Just for the love of God don't watch the english dub. It SUCKS. They tried to make it like an offshoot of TF&TF, and it'll make your ears bleed.

Have fun!

nicecar
09-10-2005, 01:12 PM
i want to draw like that!!!
the initial d stuff is what ive been trying to find for months!

knightvision
09-10-2005, 06:06 PM
Thanks aerowitz for the summary. You know, my native language is German, I have problems with understanding dialogues of an english movie, so japanese is just fun for me. I think I'll download a grabbed episode first, for taking a look at it. All I saw was very interesting and screamed for more. I think it has style.

Aerowitz
09-10-2005, 07:09 PM
If you're looking to download episodes, here are the best (in my opinion):

- Stage 1, Act 4: The Battle Begins!
- Stage 1, Act 5: End of the Dogfight!
- Stage 1, Act 15: Angry Takumi's Maniacal Drive!
- Stage 1, Act 24: Akagi's White Comet!
- Stage 1, Act 25: Last Great Battle
- Stage 1, Act 26: New Downhill Legend!
- Stage 2, Act 7: Akagi Battle, The Flash of Black and White!
- Stage 2, Act 12: Eight-Six vs. Eight-Six, Battle of the Spirits
- Stage 2, Act 13: The Seasons Come and Go
- Stage 3: Initial D the Movie
- Stage 4: Acts 1-18 (1-16 are available on Japanese R2 DVD)

XeVeNskyLiNE
09-10-2005, 09:07 PM
Wow I'm suprised you're just now learning about Initial D! Its amazing stuff man, try Ebay for some DVD box sets, you wont be disappointed.

p.s. that eight-six vs. eight-six battle was so cool, especially when he learned his stock tach didn't read high enough for the new engine, i was like, DAMNNNNNNN

73vwrodder
09-11-2005, 11:02 AM
I love intial D

shedaoshai
10-19-2005, 01:08 PM
Make sure buy Japanese voices with English subs for the box sets!

suprastar
10-19-2005, 03:09 PM
Can't really say much about the anime as have only seen one episode, english dubbed (CRAP). However I have 1-19 of the manga and it is great. I love the art, such as this on the model boxes, all of this is from the manga as the anime has computer generated art, which IMO is not as good.

XeVeNskyLiNE
10-19-2005, 07:39 PM
:1:

The English dubbed versions are so lame and gayed up. Whats worse, I swear all the guys sound the same, sometimes I can't tell who the hell is talking. Plus they took out ALL the original music. WTF. Initial D's music makes it one of the more distinctive animes, how the hell can you replace that with some damn out-of-the-garage level rock music. Damn. I've got so many gripes about the US version. Definitely get the one in Japanese with English subtitles, its so much better.

grantrl78
10-25-2005, 06:08 PM
InitialD makes me sad.
It is kind of Nostalgia for people who were in highschool
in the mid 90s. It is early to feel that way about the 90s but I do. The manga has some awesome loose car art. Better than the anime.

Add your comment to this topic!