Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Rear DVD Unit Wireless Phones?

redowns
09-09-2005, 06:14 PM
I recently purchased a new Uplander - base model. Although, all new Uplanders get the DVD player in the overhead track system, I was told that the wireless phones are not available for the base model. Moreover, I was informed that the wirless phones would NOT work with the DVD player in the base model. I was somewhat skeptical. I can't believe Chevy would market two different DVD head units - one supporting wireless, the other not! The dealer was not sure. No surprise there.

Before I order the wireless phones, I'm wondering if anyone can confirm this to be true. The dealer owes me the wireless phones as part of my deal, but I'm curious if they will work at all?

Thanks,
redjr

:feedback:

AJT1961
09-11-2005, 01:11 AM
Looking at Chevy's website, it looks like the wireless infrared headphones work in the LS Extended but not the LS Regular. Seems silly and petty to me, but I guess it saves them a few pennies.

jd001
07-05-2006, 02:42 PM
Does the DVD player you have include a button for the wireless headphones. If it does then the player would work with the wireless headphones otherwise this button would be useless?

swathdiver
09-10-2006, 10:21 PM
Check your RPO codes. U56 is a basic entertainment package that comes with two headphones and no remote control. U42 includes both headphones and the remote. Some vehicles may also have TX3 which is 2 additional headphones. In my research I have not seen a vehicle not come with them.

'97ventureowner
12-11-2006, 09:49 PM
Pardon me for stirring up this old thread but I came across some additional information which may be helpful, especially to newer Uplander owners who may face similar circumstances.
I recently purchased a used 2006 Uplander and it came with a remote control and no headphones. I looked through this thread to get a better understanding if my van should have the wireless headphones or not. It is a LS EXT. My RPO code is U56. I called my local dealer to see if they knew if my van should have come with wireless headphones or not. The parts guy asked for the last 8 digits of my VIN # and then looked it up and told me that my van should have come with the wireless headphones.( At that time I also checked on their price, $130 for each one :eek2:) I found a practically new set with remote on an eBay auction which I won for $80. So if anyone is in doubt if their van should have the wireless headphones or not, give your dealer's parts dept. a call and give them the required digits of your VIN#. And after owning GM vehicles for over 20 years, it doesn't surprise me that they would make some vans with wireless headphones, and some without. I think it's a marketing tool to get people to purchase a more expensive vehicle to get the options they want.

repairmangigabyte
04-19-2011, 09:54 PM
ok so im new at codes on cars, what is an RPO code and where would I find it on my car? I just purchased a new to me 2006 uplander and am having headphone issues too

GMCustomerService
04-20-2011, 12:57 PM
ok so im new at codes on cars, what is an RPO code and where would I find it on my car? I just purchased a new to me 2006 uplander and am having headphone issues too

RPO stands for regular production option code. These can sometimes be found in your glove compartment. I can also look up whether or not your vehicle has a certain option or code with the VIN of the vehicle. Please feel free to either contact me either here on the thread or by private message if you would like me to look into this further.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

Add your comment to this topic!