Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Horn Problem Trailblazer

Glo1029
09-09-2005, 12:49 PM
I have a 2002 Chevy Trailblazer and my horn just stopped working.
The fuse and the relays work. When I use my keyless entry the horn works but when I try to make it sound from the steering wheel it doesn't work. Has anyone else experienced this problem??? If so, what was the outcome?? :banghead:

Dtown
09-09-2005, 02:33 PM
I have an 02 and I had the same problem, but it only happened occassionally and now I haven't had and problem with it in awhile. Another thing that I noticed was that it seemed the steering wheel was very sensitive to were you push before the horn worked, it had to be right on the horn logos.

Glo1029
09-14-2005, 09:10 AM
Thanks for your reply
Yesterday I checked the horn and it was working and it's working today as well. I think you are right about the steering wheel being sensitive. Then again before I would press it every where on the steering wheel and it wouldn't make a sound and all of the of the sudden it's working again. This is still a safety hazard. I'm going to give it another week to see what happens. Hopefully it won't give me anymore problems.
I did contact GM corporate and told them about the problem. They've been working with me.

Thanks again! :screwy:

Dtown
09-14-2005, 12:50 PM
Keep me updated on what you find out about the situation from GM, since it has occured to me in the past maybe I should get it check out.

Thanks

baskerj
09-17-2005, 07:33 AM
Yep...had the same problem. Took it to the dealer and they said a thin metal part on the horn switch was bent so they have to replace the switch.

Good luck...

Add your comment to this topic!