Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

runs bad sometimes

smelser4
09-08-2005, 09:57 PM
one day tha truck will run like a new one next day it won't run 35 mph any idea whats wrong 1987 b 2000

Wollf
09-09-2005, 11:11 AM
need a bit more info , what happens when it acts up , where are you going , up hills , flats ? rainy sunny ? anything

smelser4
09-09-2005, 11:51 PM
need a bit more info , what happens when it acts up , where are you going , up hills , flats ? rainy sunny ? anything

really im not sure i just got the truck from a friend all i know is he said the motor in the truck has 88000 miles on it and he replaced the coil trying to fix the problem that didnt fix it so he sold it

i am a mechanic but i work on rolls royce and bentley's that is a whole different world some one told me it might be the carb

Wollf
09-10-2005, 12:56 AM
ok Mr Mechanic, you know as well as anyone then , you need info , and all engines run generally the same , what applies for one , works for another. Cant just say , my car wont start , how much to fix it.... everyone needs info.

smelser4
09-11-2005, 07:14 PM
really im not sure i just got the truck from a friend all i know is he said the motor in the truck has 88000 miles on it and he replaced the coil trying to fix the problem that didnt fix it so he sold it

i am a mechanic but i work on rolls royce and bentley's that is a whole different world some one told me it might be the carb

ok wolf the truck has no power from idle to about 2500 rpms this accurs driving or not driving

Bach4660
09-13-2005, 10:15 AM
like Wollf was saying they all run the same, do you have spark on all four plugs?, pull the gas line and crank the motor, do you have gas, I am not sure about the '88's but the second gen have a glass plate on the float, if yours does, does it keep a steady fuel supply?, compression check within service limits, any major differences between cylinders, liquids, colour of the engine oil, etc.

Add your comment to this topic!