Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

94 Lesabre Electrical and A/C -Double Whammy

jackfoxx
09-08-2005, 02:42 PM
THis morning I got in my car to go to work. Got to the end of the street and hit the turn signal and I noticed nothing on the dash. Went back home and found the turn signals were not working at all, not even lit solidly. I checked the fuse and all of the fuses and they were OK. I found that if you step on the brake and push the turn signal to either side, that brake light would go out. Checked all of the bulbs and they are OK. Went to store and got a new flasher, but I have no idea where it goes. It is not on the fuse panel. The Haynes manual doesnt show a location.

Next problem is that the A/C is blowing cold out of the drivers side and hot out of the passenger side. Any ideas?

THanks
Jack

HotZ28
09-09-2005, 10:25 AM
:confused: I have only seen two or three flashers fail in the past 40 years, so assuming that is not your problem, I would be looking at a bad wire or switch for the turn signals. (Much more common problem than a flasher)

Turn your air condition off-on several times and see if the actuator will reset the blender door. Sometimes that will work for awhile, however eventually you will need to replace the actuator. :newburn:

:cheers:

jackfoxx
09-09-2005, 11:19 AM
THis morning I got in my car to go to work. Got to the end of the street and hit the turn signal and I noticed nothing on the dash. Went back home and found the turn signals were not working at all, not even lit solidly. I checked the fuse and all of the fuses and they were OK. I found that if you step on the brake and push the turn signal to either side, that brake light would go out. Checked all of the bulbs and they are OK. Went to store and got a new flasher, but I have no idea where it goes. It is not on the fuse panel. The Haynes manual doesnt show a location.

Next problem is that the A/C is blowing cold out of the drivers side and hot out of the passenger side. Any ideas?

THanks
Jack

I replaced the flasher and the problem was solved. I found that the AC actuator was stuck, so I manually moved it into position to blow cold air. The motor doesnt move, so I will have to replace it at some point.

Thanks for the reply

Jack

HotZ28
09-09-2005, 04:42 PM
I guess I will have to change that to four flashers in forty years, however since I personally did not see yours, I guess I will have to leave my statement as is. Glad to here you were able to sort through the mess!
:iceslolan :cheers:

Add your comment to this topic!