Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Blower Motor HELP!

honda67337
09-07-2005, 09:59 PM
I have a 1988 Oldsmobile Delta 88. My blower motor switch doesnt work, so I replaced it. I put the new switch in and nothing happened. So I tested the blower itself, its fine. I checked what I thought were 2 relays for the blower on the passenger side of the firewall, by putting a new relay in them and nothing happened. ( I work a t aparts store, so I can try these items for free at work. )

Anyway, I just recently was told it was probably the resistor, so I replaced it and nothing....... I though there was a fuse in the fusebox for the blower, but I looked and found nothing. I am desperatly needing help because winter is soon to be here. Can anyone help me????

scbri
09-19-2005, 03:10 PM
On my 95 - 88, 5D is the blower fan fuse located under the dash for manual HVAC. My LeSabre with climate control, 5A - 10 amp is used. Both cars also have the 30 volt fuse marked AC, located on the firewall above the relays on the blower fan circuit. Both of these fuse locations can be probed with a meter for voltage.

jehiatt
11-06-2005, 10:07 PM
this is an old post and you may have done something about it by now.
The motor is probably controlled by a blower control module which is on the firewall in the blower motor area. It is a transistorized fan speed regulator circuit that cost over $100.
I put an on-off switch under my 89 olds dash and bypassed the controller. 12 volts to side of switch and fan motor hot lead to other side of the switch. It's on high speed all the time if I cut the switch on - but I didn't give but $300 for the car. Can't see $100 + for new controller.

Add your comment to this topic!