Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

yet again another problem!

5thGenAccord
09-07-2005, 08:25 PM
the situation:

car shuts off as i was at a red light not once, not twice, but three times as i was heading to the gym in the morning. thought it was from the moisture in the air and my air filter got a little wet. so i started going back home and my car started to hesitate. and shudder a little bit when i was on the highway. so i thought it was oil on my spark plugs again. so i check it out and it was clean, a little burnt up, but still clean. so i decided to change them out. while i was driving, it didnt shut off (thank god) but it still did that hesitation, like it sputtered around 1000-2000 rpms in fourth gear (mine is an automatic) on my way to a friends house. but didnt happen again on the way back home.

anyone had this happen to them?

im going to put some fuel injector cleaner and fill the tank up tomorrow .gotta change the rotor, maybe the spark plug wires, and definitely the air filter. maybe this would fix it?

also, i changed the cam tower seals (grommets) but there is still oil in there. is there another seal in there that i cant see. im sick of seeing oil in there. i definitely need some guidance in this area. im going nuts!

thanks for any help guys :icon16:

therealrayman
09-08-2005, 08:16 AM
the situation:

my car started to hesitate. and shudder a little bit when i was on the highway. it sputtered around 1000-2000 rpms in fourth gear (mine is an automatic) on my way to a friends house. but didnt happen again on the way back home.

sounds like a clogged fuel filter to me. that always causes funny chokes in higher gears. when you accelerate in higher rpms does your car seem to lack in power even more??

5thGenAccord
09-10-2005, 07:39 AM
yeah it does. it happens sometimes but not all the time. does it sound like a clogged fuel filter?

5thGenAccord
09-10-2005, 07:41 AM
oh yeah... could the clogged fuel filter also cause the car to shut off whenyou start it for the first time in a good while?

therealrayman
09-10-2005, 09:55 AM
oh yeah... could the clogged fuel filter also cause the car to shut off whenyou start it for the first time in a good while?

could if its really clogged or dirty. plus its good to replace it if you haven't done so in a while.when did you give your car a tune up last?

5thGenAccord
09-10-2005, 11:54 PM
okay i went ahead and changed it out. and surprise surprise, it was dirty as anything. i turned it over and the liquid was just black as oil. i dont think gas is supposed to look like oil.

also, took it for a test :rofl: drive around the city, no choking, no nothing except the increase in response. so hopefully that would solve that. :)

therealrayman
09-11-2005, 09:53 AM
okay i went ahead and changed it out. and surprise surprise, it was dirty as anything. i turned it over and the liquid was just black as oil. i dont think gas is supposed to look like oil.

also, took it for a test :rofl: drive around the city, no choking, no nothing except the increase in response. so hopefully that would solve that. :)

good :biggrin: nobody likes a car that chokes, now i just have to fix the rattling prob in my 240 :banghead:

Add your comment to this topic!