Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

11.31 @ 120.39 :)

bad360rt
09-06-2005, 11:22 PM
And I still didn't get yelled at! :p Oh, and I had to peddle it on the top end, was running lean. Ran an 11.35@116.35 before that, saw it going lean and just let off completely, then got back on it a little. I think I'm just at the max of my fuel setup, I bumped up the pressure for the 11.31 run, but still leaned out on the topend. I think it's got an 11.2@122 if I can get a full pass out of it, maybe an 11.1, and it's not even cold out yet, was only 63* on my 11.31 run, 68* on my 11.35. Here's the full slip:

R/T: .036
60': 1.648
330: 4.693
1/8: 7.244
MPH: 95.91
990: 9.381
1/4: 11.316
MPH: 120.39

AWP9521
09-07-2005, 10:46 AM
Nice times! Man if you can get that 60' down into the 1.5x region that might be just enough to put you into the 11.0-11.2's

bad360rt
09-07-2005, 11:37 AM
Thanks. I think it's got an 11.1/2 in it right now, I had to let off of it on the topend cause it was running lean. I trapped 120 when I ran 11.6. A 1.5 60' would rock, but I don't think I'll get there till I can do a bigger stall.

chevytrucks92
09-07-2005, 08:21 PM
Man that's awesome! Congrats.

bad360rt
09-08-2005, 07:02 AM
Thanks! I cut pretty good lights all night too, I was really happy with that. Trying to get more consistent. After my quest for speed is done this fall, I'm gonna try brackets in the Spring.

JekylandHyde
09-08-2005, 11:25 AM
Congrats ... awesome run.

*jealously stuck at 11.7*

bad360rt
09-08-2005, 01:02 PM
Congrats ... awesome run.

*jealously stuck at 11.7*
Thanks! Bigger injectors are on the way, hopefully I can knock another tenth or two off with a full pass if I can get enough fuel on the topend.

Slowprocess
09-08-2005, 05:22 PM
Really awesome times, man!!!!! Getting so close to 10s now!!! Mines sitting pretty in the garage now waiting on my latest spending spree to arrive. I'm not going to take it back out to the track until October or so. The rear suspension is being redone, the fuel system is being upgraded, and its going on a huge diet. I'm going to try to get the race weight down to around 4000lb(give or take).

The nitrous has completely killed my short times. I was cutting 1.70 60ft times on the et streets before it, now I seem to be overpowering them(latest 60ft was a damn 2.1 :rofl: ) That's why the new suspension system is in order, as well as the new 15x10s with some "real" slicks.

The fuel system upgrade is needed because my stock pump is getting maxed out on the 100 shot. I ordered a Holley 255 along with the nx 150 shot pills. I'm doing everything possible to keep it from leaning up on me, so I may have to toss the 33lb injectors for a set of 43s.

It's going to be fun getting it back to the track, and I'm anticipating it being ready by the end of October.

Good luck with your goals. I can see you getting into the 10s really soon. That's always been my goal, so we'll see what happens when she's back in action.

Slowprocess
09-08-2005, 05:25 PM
Really awesome times, man!!!!! Getting so close to 10s now!!! Mines sitting pretty in the garage now waiting on my latest spending spree to arrive. I'm not going to take it back out to the track until October or so. The rear suspension is being redone, the fuel system is being upgraded, and its going on a huge diet. I'm going to try to get the race weight down to around 4000lb(give or take).

The nitrous has completely killed my short times. I was cutting 1.70 60ft times on the et streets before it, now I seem to be overpowering them(latest 60ft was a damn 2.1 :rofl: ) That's why the new suspension system is in order, as well as the new 15x10s with some "real" slicks.

The fuel system upgrade is needed because my stock pump is getting maxed out on the 100 shot. I ordered a Holley 255 along with the nx 150 shot pills. I'm doing everything possible to keep it from leaning up on me, so I may have to toss the 33lb injectors for a set of 43s.

It's going to be fun getting it back to the track, and I'm anticipating it being ready by the end of October.

Good luck with your goals. I can see you getting into the 10s really soon. That's always been my goal, so we'll see what happens when she's back in action.

Forgot to add.....I would take those temps in a heartbeat!!!!! Last time I was at the track it was 93 degrees. :eek: I got my best time in the 1/4 though, I was just off about .4-.5 on my 60ft times.

LowETz
09-08-2005, 07:03 PM
Well..... just damn it man. The lil' ol' red truck is kickin' some big ol' butt!

Those are KILLER #'s! Glad I don't have to run into you at the track..... might could get embarrasing trying to explain it to the boys ;)

Going out this weekend for some shakedown passes before the Fall Shootout on the 26th.... if the pewter pig doesn't go low 10's/138 on the hose she'll scatter tryin' :evillol:

CONGRATS on the new #'s! :bigthumb:

chevytrucks92
09-08-2005, 08:55 PM
Thanks! I cut pretty good lights all night too, I was really happy with that. Trying to get more consistent. After my quest for speed is done this fall, I'm gonna try brackets in the Spring.

Well, that's certainly where its at; reaction times. .036 is very good coming off the foot brake, very good. If you could do that consistantly, then you'll win more races then you loose.

I think bracket racing is pretty awesome. Its a lot harder to be succesful at it then heads up racing. Heads up racing always comes down to who's got the most money.

bad360rt
09-09-2005, 06:44 AM

Thanks bro! Yeah, gotta get some real meats out back, I'm running 28x13.50 Hoosiers on 15x10 Bogarts, no suspension work, just Hotchkis leafs and QA1 adjustable shocks. I'm gonna need to go full return on my fuel setup eventually, hopefully I can keep going for now without it tho, we'll see. Yeah, the temps are getting a lot better, and are only gonna go down, Oct/Nov rocks, nothing like racing in 50* air :) Atco even runs a winter schedule, every Sunday just so long as there's no snow on the track. I've run out there in 37* weather, awesome air, but it's hard to hook up when it's that cold. Oct/Nov will probably be my best shot at 10's, so long as I can get enough fuel in her :)

bad360rt
09-09-2005, 06:46 AM
Well..... just damn it man. The lil' ol' red truck is kickin' some big ol' butt!

Those are KILLER #'s! Glad I don't have to run into you at the track..... might could get embarrasing trying to explain it to the boys ;)

Going out this weekend for some shakedown passes before the Fall Shootout on the 26th.... if the pewter pig doesn't go low 10's/138 on the hose she'll scatter tryin' :evillol:

CONGRATS on the new #'s! :bigthumb:
Thanks! We'd be a good run, so long as you don't spray :p I never thought I'd get this far, my original plan was for a mid 12sec truck, then I got addicted LOL My only problem now is that I don't want to do a rollbar, so I'll see how fast I can get her this fall and then I'm gonna run her in street trim with DR's so I can keep it above 11.5 (at least that's what I'm telling myself LOL)

bad360rt
09-09-2005, 07:01 AM
Well, that's certainly where its at; reaction times. .036 is very good coming off the foot brake, very good. If you could do that consistantly, then you'll win more races then you loose.

I think bracket racing is pretty awesome. Its a lot harder to be succesful at it then heads up racing. Heads up racing always comes down to who's got the most money.
Yeah, I was pretty happy, every light I cut the other night (five runs) was a .0xx. I might shoot for the 12.0 index and run in street trim. Heads up is fun, but it would be cool to win a few bucks or some trophies :)

LowETz
09-09-2005, 08:31 PM
then I'm gonna run her in street trim with DR's so I can keep it above 11.5 (at least that's what I'm telling myself LOL)

Uhhmm..... yeah. Sure. Right. Whatever you say :twak:

By your own addmission, you are officially addicted :iceslolan It's a sickness.... a disease if you will :frown: You are now doomed to the never ending quest for that little spec of time :uhoh: ..... also known to the afflicted as the .010th :evillol:

You see.... for every .010 quicker you go, your addiction will grow ten fold :grinyes: ..... just a viscious cycle that cannot be tamed w/out serious therapy :screwy:

So.... with that said.... save that slow it down bunk for your GF, 'cause we ain't buyin' it :grinno:

Keep us updated..... my bet is you fall off the wagon and 10.99 happens around November.... so much for keepin' it above 11.5 :wave:

Kamilpl3
09-20-2005, 11:04 PM
Damn, thats a very nice time slip... Congrats on your time bro! :thumbsup:

bad360rt
09-23-2005, 01:25 PM
Keep us updated..... my bet is you fall off the wagon and 10.99 happens around November.... so much for keepin' it above 11.5 :wave:
LMFAO!!! That was awesome, I didn't see your post until just now. Well, I figured out why I was running lean, fuel pressure was dropping off at higher rpms, fuel system is maxed. So when I get back from this next business trip, doing a full return setup. Also doing a cam and 3600 stall, so 10's just might happen this Nov/Dec (I don't get back from this trip till the beginning of Nov). Yes, speed is a drug, and I'm a full blown junkie :iceslolan

Oh, I'm also checking into the legality of an in cab rollbar, with the rear bars coming through the bed, if it'll pass tech, that's probably what I'll be running, still don't want bars coming out through the window.

bad360rt
09-23-2005, 01:28 PM
Damn, thats a very nice time slip... Congrats on your time bro! :thumbsup:
Thanks! :biggrin:

Mr. Luos
09-23-2005, 01:30 PM
Remember when you said I would probably still be faster???

Something tells me it would be VERY close.

Kamilpl3
09-23-2005, 01:55 PM
What was your best run Mr. Luos?

Just curious...

Mr. Luos
09-24-2005, 09:56 AM
14.05 at 105.23 MPH.

8200+ DA that day. Corrected for altitude alone....12.7 at 113 or so. And that was on a clutch that was toasted. Wouldn't allow a launch.

In April I will finally get back to the track. Sporting 100+ more horsepower and a nice new race clutch.

bad360rt
09-24-2005, 07:53 PM
Remember when you said I would probably still be faster???

Something tells me it would be VERY close.
We'll have to do a lil internet bracket racing :biggrin: Let us know how it goes when you hit the track again.

Mr. Luos
09-24-2005, 11:13 PM
Won't be until April.

Looking for 12.5 at 113 or so here. Depends on what the day is like. Last April I ran the DA was 8200+.

chevytrucks92
09-25-2005, 08:32 PM
We'll have to do a lil internet bracket racing :biggrin: Let us know how it goes when you hit the track again.

Oh you gotta count me in on that guys!

Add your comment to this topic!