Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Indy

09-06-2005, 07:16 PM
Steve Johnson in PS Bike got totally screwed. Won the race by about a wheel but the topend lights missed the front tire. .024 light to a .117 !

chevytrucks92
09-06-2005, 09:26 PM
Oh man, he really got screwed. I can't believe the NHRA official just shrugged it off. I mean even local, backwoods tracks will have a rerun if there's any doubt in the timing system.

09-06-2005, 10:23 PM
The NHRA just reversed their decision within the last 10 mins. They had to do it or their credibility would have been totally destroyed. I'm still surprised they did it. The way Graham Light sounded on the TV I thought Johnson was going to get the shaft.

At the start my wife and I saw the diff in RT's and knew the HD was beat. Everything after that was beyond belief. Now reality has been restored :D

AWP9521
09-07-2005, 10:42 AM
Hmm, guess the Crew Chiefs need a red flag to throw on the track and a replay booth for a designated NHRA official to determine them close ones!

09-07-2005, 11:58 AM
The deal is, it was not even close. Johnson beat him by about a wheel. Easy to see in the instant replay.

chevytrucks92
09-07-2005, 08:16 PM
Well, its good that they reversed that, but I still think they've went about it wrong. I mean they should have an official rerun when things like this come up IMO.

09-07-2005, 08:26 PM
Well, its good that they reversed that, but I still think they've went about it wrong. I mean they should have an official rerun when things like this come up IMO.

Not when there is photographic proof. Too much can go wrong when you have a rerun. Reruns are the correct procedure for Sat nite racing. I have with my own eyes seen timer malfunctions. The only recourse is a rerun.

There used to be a local track that a lot of people would tell you was 'dirty' . I have seen a car sitting at the line, never move, both stage bulbs still lit, and the redlight come on. I knew several black guys that raced bikes and they swore that a black could not win at that track. Also seemed like a lot of the insiders did most of the winning.

chevytrucks92
09-07-2005, 09:00 PM
Oh yeah. Strange things can happen. They've been times that'd I'd bet a $1000 that I'd beat the other car to the finish line in a race, yet the ticket would show otherwise.

I mean you know if me and you are racing, and I beat you to the finish line, and I dont redlight or breakout, then its impossible for you to win that race. And I know most of the time its just so close that we can't tell it inside the car who takes the finish line, but they are times when I think the timers do mess up.

Add your comment to this topic!