Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1993 Olds 98 Touring Sedan Suspension Repair

dn60139
09-05-2005, 10:59 PM
Hi,

I recently purchased a 1993 Olds Regency Touring sedan and I just love the car! However, I recently noticed two troubling problems.
1. The compressor [ELC] runs much too often, meaning the rear struts, probably need to be replaced. Is this a repair, that a possible to do in your garage with average skills, simple tools and patience? Dealers want more to replace them than I paid for the car! Also which model of struts are the correct ones to buy? Every parts store gives me a different part number and price.
2. The interior lights are going crazy! This morning I had to get a jump start to get the car going. Once the car was started, I noticed a soft buzzing noise coming from the dashboard, when I opened the door! I could not get it to stop. I tried everything, and finally I tried the front pair of overhead lights. When I pressed it on the buzzing stopped. But now the front interior lights and the ones in the doors do not light up at all! The rear light on the back of the floor console works when the doors open, but none of the other ones work!! Sometimes the two front ones will light up very dimly when I press them on, but then that buzzing starts again. This happens with the ignition key in, and removed as well.

Please help!

Thanks

tri-power
09-24-2005, 07:37 PM
The neighbors 91 is having similar problems with the air ride. I'll keep you posted if we get down to the bottom of it.

Add your comment to this topic!